The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

Yes mate and given you (falsely) asserted that less kids played rugby in Ireland now because of concussions, bringing up relative concussions across the spectrum of contact sports is very relevant.

Ok to be clear. My girls can play any sport they show interest in. The exception being rugby as I have seen first hand the damage concussion does to kids.

If I have ‘bias’ , I can live with it. They were at camoige tonight and had a great time.

8 Likes

These folks seem to think this could be a gamechanger.

Also very notable that NFL quarterbacks are beefing up their necks to mitigate concussion risk.

One for the dads coaching girls sports teams if they really are concerned about concussions.

So you have a bias- despite studies showing female soccer to be as big a risk as male high school football.

On that basis you don’t actually care- and by your own standard are a hypocrite.

No surprise many are suffering in silence with the pushy dads.

I’m assuming you’ve been at the hooch tim. Or you’re a bit coked up and cant actually remember. You’re wrong again. I didnt say that. I said it was a pity parents wouldnt let their kids play for fear of injury. Here’s the link to the unedited post. Maybe spend a little less time on the toilet cistern mate.

1 Like

You stated “less and less” kids - and I pointed out that this wasn’t factual.

You’ve been flailing away since.

Not sure why you are bringing alcohol or drugs into this, this is just a discussion that you can’t keep up with. Did you spend a few hours there looking for another angle with the MND stuff after failing with concussions?

I didnt mate. I said less parents. I said me, my rugby playing mate who would love his kids to play but thinks its too dangerous. Then another poster popped in and confirmed he was of the same opinion. I used not to be of that opinion. I am now. I know many others. You can cut and dice that shit whatever way you want.
Or you can tell me rugby is safe (bizarrely) because women have weaker necks (what sort of study is that for anyone to be hanging an argument on??).
It’s all horseshit.
Rugby is exponentially more likely to lead to brain injury than football. Its ‘demonstrable’ as you like to say yourself.
)

And no, i spent a couple of hours earlier painting walls cos Juhy junior has his communion saturday. If you’d like to argue tomorrow I’ll have to do it after i finish work (in 2 seperate Gaelscoils btw) and before i go get a trestle table and a tent style thing and do a booze run. Such is life.

And you were incorrect- as discussed. You’ve been flailing since and looking for the handy like or two.

Still at it :laughing:

The conversation started about your kids not being allowed play rubby…hardly much point comparing pro rubby to mini rubby now is there

Not below the waist but absolutely certain the tackle will be dropped to below the sternum or something in next few seasons

1 Like

Best of luck with the communion pal but fuck me talk about explaining is losing :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Huge upset for Brad Thorn’s Queensland Reds this morning against the Chiefs, stopping them ontthe line after 27 phases at the death. Michael Lynagh’s young fella playing for the Reds and kicked the winning goal.

The Chiefs have looked unbeatable until today. Amazing that Gatty did so poorly with them @gilgamboa.

Gatlandball wouldn’t work great in super rugby

I only pieced it together after that Skehan had the relationship with Dooley from their Glenstal days

To score 30 points in the final is off the wall. Wouldn’t be convinced about his technique either long term but he fairly gets the job done

1 Like

Great atmosphere at the AJ Bell Stadium for Sale vs. Leicester

@Thomas_Brady

A good lad

1 Like

I see the Irish ladies 7s team qualified for the Olympics earlier. Wasn’t much chatter about it on TFK compared to the laughing at their 15s counterparts