The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

My source at pembroke st affirms this but says no decisions as yet but pressure is being brought

1 Like

Say no more

1 Like

Harsh on Calvin Nash to get cut. No surprises with the rest.

V surprised Coombes didnā€™t get a gameā€¦especially with Conan injured

1 Like

I dont understand why he doesnt seem to fit into farrells plans, he has the ability and is a stand out player for munster

2 Likes

I mentioned it a year or two ago on here.

To say they donā€™t see eye to eye is an understatement.

Surprised he made the squad at all tbh.

Jez there canā€™t be a pile between mash, stocdale and earls.

1 Like

The cuts must have happened a couple of days ago and are only being released now as I saw Calvin Nash in Limerick on Monday afternoon and would have assumed heā€™d be in camp.

1 Like

Again i dont see why coombes is a very quite fella tbf dont see him as someone who would disrupt the system or not follow the plan laid out its strange

Didnā€™t Farrell want him to play second row or something and he either tanked or sandbagged in training, something like that

I think they had a couple of days off after Portugal.

Farrell really hates Coombes. Reminds of Joe Schmidt and Denis Buckley.

Think that game against New Zealand A shunted Coombes down the pecking order

Or Joe Schmidt and Simon Zebo

He was in a bit of a slump in form at that point alright and played poorly. Been excellent for Munster in 2nd half of season. Great leader and have never heard anything barring his being an excellent pro. Sometimes the coach just thinks there is better players

Thought heā€™d have got a run in a warm up game alright. A personality clash with the coach seems far fetched to me. He probably has to get past Conan, who I donā€™t rate much but heā€™s been in the set up a long time and itā€™d be a big move to drop him for a relatively untried player at this level.

Agree, thought he was an outsider for squad place but with Conan in a boot I thought heā€™d have got a run at least just in case

Appeal gone in

My sources say the judgment has already been written for the appeal panel and we are looking at a three match ban.

Glad we were able to provide a TFK exclusive for this