The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

Not all players want to move within Ireland. They were begging carbery to go to Ulster.

There is dozens of players within Ireland who don’t get enough game time. They don’t play games during the international breaks anymore either so less game time for fringe players.

I’d say London would be a far more attractive proposition than Galway/Belfast for some young lads looking to make a breakthrough.

1 Like

Yep and Leinster don’t want to be losing players to the other provinces.

Looks like Paddy Jackson needs a new club. Back to Ulster and bolter for the World Cup :eyes:

1 Like

They don’t even find Connacht enough, how are they going to fund a fourth club? Would they pay them higher salaries than in Ireland to make up for moving and cost of living in London? It doesn’t make any sense. The guys not getting any games should be playing loads of AIL games.

1 Like

V interesting to see where he ends up. ROG probably too shrewd to dirty his bib with the IRFU but he’d be a grand signing for any of the top French sides.

Iv as much of a chance of going to the RwC myself however

Definitely. They do now a lot more than before

Your ability to not even try understand anything is amazing.

I see he’s getting blamed for the club folding. You’d imagine he’d get a contract out in France.

A friend of mine that does S&C with an ail club says Munster are very bad for letting players play ail games and reckons it’s holding the players development back a lot.

2 Likes

Yeah I just don’t see it being a runner at all. How would it work? Would the irfu be running the club altogether or just paying certain players salaries in the club? They couldn’t afford to fund a club and paying salaries of players for a club in an English division makes no sense.

Letting pro rugby players back to play against amateurs isn’t ideal.

Academy lads or whatever you’d call them for the most part.

This will wind up some in the women’s rugby set.

1 Like

Can’t see the LI move working in practice and think we’ve enough to focus on here without adding a team abroad to juggle.

Personally, I’d prefer see the provinces enter a respective team in the AIL.

4 Likes

They suggested that a few years ago but it was never a goer as they wanted to close off promotion/relegation from the top 2 divisions and reduce it to 8 team leagues. No way the clubs would agree to that

3 Likes

Paddy Jackson signs for Lyon.

Lyon will be cancelled in Ireland