The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

While heā€™ll obviously rue missed opportunity on intl front, canā€™t say it turned out all bad. I mean, Iā€™d take London and Lyon for life choice over Belfast.

La Rochelle have turned the momentum around after letting Toulouse have their way early on

13 apiece at the interval

La Rochelle gone the aerial bombardment route now after Toulouse had came back at them. 26-22 to Rogā€™s boys with nine left

What channel was it on?

Prem Sports 2

1 Like

Ntamack bottles a kick to the corner, out over the dead ball line

Went to Lyon for the euros that time. Nice city I thought. Bates Belfast anyway. Although Belfast has its own gritty charm

Is this the league final or what?

The Bouclier de Brennus as G Thornley would have it, league decider is right

1 Like

Ntamack! Le Miracle :pray:t2:

4 Likes

A moment of genius from Ntmack

Sickener for ROG he will be seethingā€¦desperate defensive read from sentini he made a bollox of the defensive line with lack of patience

1 Like

Incroyable

2 Likes

The plucky underdogs from La Rochelle will have to wait for their first titleā€¦

About 2 mins before the end they won a turnover right in front of posts and ref blew game up as one of their players got a bang on the head. It was a definite penalty and that was game over ā€¦small margins

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/top14rugby/status/1671273090414723072?t=zQDzxPpQArCS4kBdPcSX3Q&s=19

Great to see the IRFU taking such a hard line here

GAA take note

https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/status/1671464685021941761?t=aHCbInHkIRdkUisTGt8vIg&s=19

What about the team Terenure play against in the first game? Are they to be punished too?

Donā€™t know pal I spose they areā€¦id say they would take it all the same. Terenure have biggest support base in the league id sayā€¦the cost to them of no gate and no pre match function be way more than the fine

Iā€™d say 500/600 people on average on the gate. Bigger when itā€™s the likes of Con or Munsters who bring good support numbers. Clontarf have a far bigger home gate than anyone in the league.

Lansdowne Rd doing the dog in seat repairs. Only a dozen or so damaged (mostly from kids standing on them to see) but charging 500/chair or something rediculous. The bigger part of the fee in this instance was to Dublin fire for putting out the flares.

I donā€™t mind the flares as a bit of craic but take exception when they start pelting them down instead of just holding on to them. A fella at the limk cork hurling match got split when after one was lit, was thrown the front of the terrace and hit him square in the face. Not on.

4 Likes

@Copper_pipe is out of control.

1 Like