The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

I genuinely think Leinster shouldn’t sign any foreign players at this stage. They’re already producing enough of a surplus. You could maybe make an allowance for a project player like a young James Lowe, Jameson Gibson-Park or errr Richard Strauss.

2 Likes

That’s where I was going with this but I didn’t want to just blurt it out

The whole family were over at one stage. One of the boys, can’t remember which one, played a lot of big ball.

1 Like

Barrett is predominately a munster name.

Meath I’m sure

1 Like

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1779923994201690366?s=61&t=MKTryJkJbpuiQojDzsma7g

1 Like

https://x.com/caolansrugby/status/1779918548501987534?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

Certain Munster supporters are deranged

It’s tilted massively in favour of Leinster. 9/11 Leinster players on central contracts.

Sheehan signed up and money spent on world class players.

:astonished:

A touchy bunch

You couldn’t pay for your stadium debt and were out signing world class players.

Good to see Leinster finally being able to sign some world class quality as replacements given that Irish rugby generally are so reliant on their squad for Ireland.

Leinster are simply advantaged because of the investment in private schools.

That money doesn’t go on their books but it also means nobody else can compete.

Munster have their own private schools and also benefit from Leinster private schools.

I count six Leinster private schools products in your senior squad alone.

That doesn’t make it right Tim.

It just shows if you aren’t private schooled you’ve no chance.

Make some sense there.

Your first team squad benefits from the Leinster system.

And you have your own system to augment that.

Alongside that, you’ve been signing more premium imports the last decade.

He’s a cousin of francie

1 Like

No young rugby player is going to compete with the fee paying schools.

That’s why all the other provinces squads are full with them.

What are you shiting on about?

You were moaning about Leinster specifically but now it’s about fee paying schools in general?

Come on Tim.

You know full well the money being pumped in the private schools Leinster is light years away from what Clubs can invest.

That’s why Leinster are so successful. They’ve multiple elite level academies feeding into their systems.

It’s a money game.