The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

Listen you haven’t got a clue.

Of course Ireland can be dominant if they expand their playing base.

Just look at what happened rugby in wales. The game is nearly dead because they don’t have the money to compete.

Limerick were hurlers were chokers.

Dublin footballers were chokers.

The experts on here city said wouldn’t win a champions league.

Money completely imbalances pro sport.

It’s an absolute fact.

You’re talking through your hole. Come back to me when they reach a semi final.

No I’m absolutely 100 percent correct.

Money distorts the results of sport.

We’ve seen it in horse racing, soccer, gaa and rugby.

Yea you’ll get random turn ups and flukey results but over extended periods the money will win out.

Anybody that tries to deny this is clueless.

I’m talking post world cup. Connacht backline looks predictable and latterly aki seems to have been slowly morphed into a crash ball centre, granted a different league to tindall who could put his head down and run ten yards into the nearest lad all day and that was about it. Aki has got very very big and seems to have lost his unpredictability in a bad way.

The Leinster senior schools are the Leinster senior schools. They are nothing really to do with the IRFU. They just happen to be in largely the pale, and the Leinster kids want to play for Leinster

1 Like

And your point is?

That it’s just the way it is, and you may as well whine that it’s not fair that Croagh Patrick is in mayo.

Is there a trophy for that?

I’m not sure.

I happen to think you are correct. It is only a matter of time before Ireland break the World Cup hoodoo and win the World Cup and then they will dominate it the way they dominate the Six Nations. Rugby is the biggest professional sport in one of the richest countries in the world, so it’s logical that this will happen.

1 Like

Jsut look what has happened with rugby in wales. They simply can’t compete with Ireland in the pro era.

They don’t have the money and Eventually people lose interest.

The premier league has managed to make Italian football a wasteland down to money.

The same is happening in rugby in Ireland.

The same will happen in the gaa. It already happened with the Dublin footballers.

It’s already happened in horse racing.

Rugby and Horse Racing fucked.

Jelly and ice Cream.

2 Likes

I would have thought his passing and all round game has gone up levels also under Farrell. If he doesn’t look so great on return to Connacht the problem there is surely Connacht, I can’t see how you’d blame Farrell.

We will see. Connacht didn’t bulk him up like that

I wouldn’t be complaining about it in the slightest and best of luck to them but I’d say the top schools are better funded than the Leinster academy and are acting as de facto sub academies…instead of looking over the fence enviously the other provinces should be looking to replicate

2 Likes

I’d say it would take decades (if ever) to replicate the rugby culture that currently exists in private schools in Leinster in schools that currently don’t have that culture. St Fintan’s make a good fist of it at present but they have Suttonians over the back wall and also have a strong hurling set up which none of the private schools have.

2 Likes

Ross Moloney is joining Bath - very solid and consistent player that could do a good job for any of the other provinces.

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty much accepted that other provinces are not going to be able to replicate the rugby efforts in Dublin fee paying schools. Reasons seem obvious enough. That’s why “developing alternate player pathways” is always an issue and why nucifora got so much stick cause he never did anything about it.

What club would those Sutton hurlers play with? Clontarf?