The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

Shafted gatland because he was Connacht, and tried to get Connacht wound up donā€™t forget.

1 Like

A Freudian spelling mistake

Munster choirboys are only seething because Leinster just got better, not because of the 4 provinces really. I havenā€™t seen one of them advocating for an immediate dismissal of Pete Wilkins and his Fossettā€™s Circus of a coaching ticket.

2 Likes

Leinster have the huge advantage of their schools system, but thatā€™s not their fault. Itā€™s just the way it is. If the boot were on the other foot, Munster would be happy out (and lawnster would be sniping away).
Itā€™s just the way it is.
Connacht see to have lost their spark. My worry is that Farrell etc Al have turned aki into a mike tindall crash ball jobsworth. Heā€™s absolutely huge.

2 Likes

I think Bundee is the least of their issues but he was the first lad to tear strips of Wilkins and to a lesser extent Friendy last year over the Padraic Joyce-level training. Their attack is completely flat and the defence has more turnstiles than Supervalu Pairc Uƍ Chaoimh.

The youngsters are finally coming through though so they need lads with proper ambition and timber to bring them through properly. Weā€™re already seeing the Murray brothers dropping off this year.

2 Likes

Heā€™s playing the best rugby of his career by far in the last two years. Levels above what I ever thought his ceiling was.

2 Likes

He was. Heā€™s not now.
Iā€™m on record here a few years back as saying heā€™s as good as there is in world rugby.

Did Munster not get 2 South African world cup winners in the last few years?

You are in fairness, I didnā€™t ever think he was quite that good. Anyway my point was he seems to have gone up levels under Farrell.

1 Like

Nobody says itā€™s Leinster fault.

The Irfu have a decision to make. Do they want to make the four provinces competitive and make Ireland a dominant international force or do they want to facilitate the Leinster senior cup schools.

Would you come off it :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

And there was a huge whinge from Leinster saying Munster should be allowed sign them but develop their own players.

What?

Ireland canā€™t get over a WC quarter final let alone be a dominant international force FFS. I support the Irish rugby team but they have a track record of being chokers. Talking about being a dominant international force, itā€™s typical of the nonsense hyperbole that Irish rugby is mired in.

Thatā€™s a load of nonsense.

If you at 1/4 stage picking from about 10 secondary schools of course you could be dominant if you massively increase your player base.

Ireland are normally 2-3 players short. They are extremely close but will end up going backwards if they donā€™t change the system.

Not half as big a whinge as the Munsters are having now

I donā€™t see anybody from Munster really complaining.

Thereā€™s element of extremely bad luck about it.

The Irfu have been terrible though on this matter and not really consistent either.

A load of nonsense?

Talking about being a ā€œdominant international forceā€ when they canā€™t get past the last eight in a nine team competition :smile::smile::smile:

This is why people laugh at Irish rugby.

Why canā€™t they be dominant?

They are picking from a tiny portion of players.

If they expand that base by multiples of course they can be dominant.

Leinster are about to walk a European cup. Theyā€™d destroy any of the southern hemisphere sides.

Ireland are extremely well placed to be dominant at international level.

They canā€™t be dominant because they are a team of consistent chokers and it will be another three years before they get an opportunity to shed that tag.

Anyway, they have expanded the base by multiples, a fifth of the team is from abroad FFS.