The Rugby World Rankings Thread

De Klerk only really doing it for two seasons. Heā€™s a great player too. Murray was very good for a long period of time.

So were genia and aaron smith.

I suppose they had to have someone from the northern hemisphere and murray and bod were definitely the best

No Welsh man in the front row is a scandal

Never rated Smith as highly as other. Genia was very inconsistent. I wouldnā€™t have him in the conversation.

Warburton was unlucky.

Yeah. He had a really bad world cup one of the years for penalties didnā€™t he.

Adam Jones is one of the best tight heads of all time

The beast is criminally overrated and hardly did his best propping this decade. BOD was finished by 2012 as the Bod we knew. Itoje should be in there somewhere

Parisse is a token effort.

Murray. :grinning:

Itā€™s like giving a fella from the Joe McDonagh an All Star.

1 Like

He was the best scrum half in the northern hemisphere by a country mile

1 Like

I think thatā€™s what @PhattPike just said.

4 Likes
1 Like

I wouldnā€™t quibble too much with Murray, he kicks too much for my liking and Iā€™d prefer Will Genia as a 9 personally but Murray was a world class performer for a few years.

youā€™re right about that
i find provincial rugby and the 6 nations to be a load of nonsense like most knowledgeable followers of the ā€œsportā€ but I 100% am aligned with you on the concept of the British Lions and the prestiege associaetd to it from a sporting perspective.
One of the best sporting contests i ever witnessed was in June 2009 when we were in the Q for the Saturdayā€™s play of Wimbledon, we joined the orderly quese at 10am, received our tickets and moved slowly through wimbledon common as we reached the gates- at 1-30pm a few of us went on a booze/food./paper run and ended up with 24 stella on the steps of a pub watching the second test in Loftus Versfeld ā€¦ what a contest that was, it was incredible and i was happy that Afrikaaners led by Schalk Burger got there over Ronan O Gara and the British Lionsā€¦ at one stage Bakkies Botha smashed that horrible imbecile Alan Jones so badly i though he had smashed his shoulder

brian O driscoll was the only one of the her majestyā€™s irishmen who stood up that day. this was epic

look how far Jamie roberts bounces off Pierre Spies in the beginning of the clip

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only just noticed they have North in this thing. :grinning:

What a night for Irish rugby

Genia was brilliant for 2/3 seasons with wallabies and Reds but was average for a long time. Murray better over the full decade.

Aaron Smith Iā€™d have had ahead of him tho. Consistently offered more threat.

To not get in ahead of McCaw or Pocock?

Unlucky to be in the same position as mccaw. Warburton was outstanding at times particularly on lions tours and in World Cups.

BOD did his best work in the previous decade. Was a de facto flanker in the 2010s. Conrad Smith should be 13