The Saturday/Sunday Game Thread

Dodgy goalies always wear tracksuits. It’s their calling card.

[quote=“Bandage”]O’Cinnide = KIB man

Dara advocated an exclusion zone outside which points would count for 2 to encourage more skillful long range shooting.[/QUOTE]

:mad:
Good idea. Not sure if Kerry have too many long range shooters tho. Dara O’Se or Mahoney tend to kick the odd one from distance.

This rule would suit Tyrone better.

[quote=“Boxtyeater”]Wrong there Puke man. :clap:

Pluck, class and skill in equal abundance.:guns:

Much like his pal Leahy, quality acts, both of…[/QUOTE]

Thought Fox was better than English myself, not much in it mind, but Fox always stood up for Tipp in the really big matches. Lethal corner forward.

Still don’t understand why they were waffling on about Munster hurling with thinly veiled looks of sexual arousement on their faces when they should have been showing decent highlights of yesterday’s final from hurling’s premier province. Some of these lads probably have a wank thinking about “munster hurling final in Thurles, ooh munster hurling final in Thurles”. If it’s Cork and Tipp and Thurles they just lose control of themselves completely.

[quote=“sid waddell”]Thought Fox was better than English myself, not much in it mind, but Fox always stood up for Tipp in the really big matches. Lethal corner forward.

Still don’t understand why they were waffling on about Munster hurling with thinly veiled looks of sexual arousement on their faces when they should have been showing decent highlights of yesterday’s final from hurling’s premier province. Some of these lads probably have a wank thinking about “munster hurling final in Thurles, ooh munster hurling final in Thurles”. If it’s Cork and Tipp and Thurles they just lose control of themselves completely.[/QUOTE]

English was a better hurler than Fox, although Fox had good years from 87-91. English was consistantly Tipp’s best hurler from 83 onwards.
I would imagine the fact that TV3 had the live coverage of both provincial finals yesterday is the reason TSG decided to do something a bit different last night.
A Munster Final in Thurles is usually a good day out, that’s just the way it is.

[quote=“sid waddell”]Thought Fox was better than English myself, not much in it mind, but Fox always stood up for Tipp in the really big matches. Lethal corner forward.

Still don’t understand why they were waffling on about Munster hurling with thinly veiled looks of sexual arousement on their faces when they should have been showing decent highlights of yesterday’s final from hurling’s premier province. Some of these lads probably have a wank thinking about “munster hurling final in Thurles, ooh munster hurling final in Thurles”. If it’s Cork and Tipp and Thurles they just lose control of themselves completely.[/QUOTE]

Agree with all of that.

Fox was an awesome corner forward from what I remember.

Some lad from Kerry was interviewed last night about Munster hurling. What was that about?

Not to mention the fact that they didn’t show half of the qualifier matches in football and hurling and some lad from Kerry talking about how he struggled to gain credibility for playing hurling?

Who gives a shite?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Agree with all of that.

Fox was an awesome corner forward from what I remember.

Some lad from Kerry was interviewed last night about Munster hurling. What was that about?

Not to mention the fact that they didn’t show half of the qualifier matches in football and hurling and some lad from Kerry talking about how he struggled to gain credibility for playing hurling?

Who gives a shite?[/QUOTE]

The irony of someone from Leitrim sniggering at Kerry hurling and its credibility is staggering. :rolleyes:

Id say Kerry are higher up the food chain in hurling than Leitrim are in football and still you mock them:D

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]

Who gives a shite?[/QUOTE]

That was Mike Hennessy who hurled for Kerry for years. They were doing a feature on Munster Hurling so I guess he was entitled to be there.

Liz Howard is an cunt of a woman. She’s like a spokesperson for the Israeli Army.

On the other point though there’s no doubt that the Leinster Championship has been far more entertaining so far this year. Great to see too. Munster will never be quiet for long, but the Leinster Championship had been shite for at least ten years. Good to see it back.

Fair enough, the Leinster championship got a tad predictable over the past decade what with Kilkenny and Wexford totally dominating the other teams. But the standards set by those two sides very, very high.

:rolleyes:

:clap:

The remainder of the Top 10 in no partic order from last weeks Top Munster Hurler of the past 25 years.

Jimmy Barry Murphy
Ciaran Carey
Brian Corcoran
Joe Deane
Nicky English
John Fenton
Eoin Kelly (Tipp)
Brian Lohan
Ken McGrath
Seanie McMahon

Didn’t see the programme, and can’t watch RTE on my laptop.
But just curious as to what lads thought who was their favourite Munster hurler NOT from their own county.

Mine was Ciaran Carey, just ahead of Nicky.

Lohan for me.

Then Carey, then Deane.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Didn’t see the programme, and can’t watch RTE on my laptop.
But just curious as to what lads thought who was their favourite Munster hurler NOT from their own county.

Mine was Ciaran Carey, just ahead of Nicky.[/QUOTE]

Ken Mc Grath, he’s something else in full flow.

Seanie Mc was mine-Nicky probably deserved it though alright.

Mike Hennessy was a great hurler in his day I beleive.

Absolutely fucking mental though. :wink:

The whole Cork/Tipp in Thurles is a load of horseshit invented mainly by Tipp PRO’s in the eighties. No factual basis for it actually being a munster institution bar a few articles by the likes of Liz Howard in match programmes. As for the show it just happened that al the players they were interviewing were from exactly that era so they possibly believed the shit they were spouting. It is completely that though as well as a timely reminder of what the rest of us in munster have to listen to.

What a load of cock. Another guy who thinks the Munster Championship started in 1995. Cork and Tipp is the biggest part of it because they are the most successful and met the most often. Get that chip off your shoulder wtb. Its great that other counties stepped up, but at different periods even in my lifetime (and far further back as well) Munster hurling was like Connaught Football for a long time, with only Cork and Tipp, or Cork and Limerick any good at all at the same time.

I have nothing at all against Clare, but you need to get over yourselves, ye have 4 titles in god knows how many years.