The Saw Doctors

Fuck off out of here, you absolutely horrible cunt of a man. The Sawdoctors have been tremendous ambassadors for Tuam, North Galway, Galway, Connacht and most of all, Ireland. :ireland: :pint:

Well done but their music does nothing for me and i have every right to express that opinion. :smiley:

Lets deal with both parts of that statement separately.

1. “Well done but their music does nothing for me”

Then God help you, BC, God Help you for being an entirely soulless man.

1. “i have every right to express that opinion”

Not true.

In fairness the likes of boyzone and westlife are worse.At least the saw doctors play their instruments but i can name loads of bands that are better than them!

If they are the best Connacht can offer, you’re in a sorry fucking state altogether. For the supposed arts capital of Ireland, Galway has produced fuckall in the name of decent bands. You can slag off Limerick all you want, but The Cranberries are one of the biggest bands to come out of Ireland. I’m not even a fan, but they are better than the codology of the Sawdoctors…

At last someone agrees with me. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mind you i can’t stand the Cranberries either.Yer wans voice does my head in!

btw Cork is the real arts capital of ireland but we just don’t make a big deal about it.We have a museum,an exhibition centre,an opera house,an arts centre with an art house cinema and the sculpture factory on the albert road.We also beat Galway to the capital of culture award!

Fuck off Cork!

Well the cark lunatic fringe are hardly wrong I suppose :rolleyes:

An Opera House you say?

its not a city…its a stinkin shithole of an island town ,with an island mentality, built on a fookin hill…an awful kip…

What a fucking ridiculous comment. Westlife’s place as all-time greats is assured. “Flying Without Wings” is a supremely accomplished power ballad. For a young band recording their debut album to deliver such a powerful sentiment with such confidence and maturity was stunning. More uptempo grooves such as “World Of Our Own” showcased the 'Life’s versatility beautifully, proving that they could get the dancefloor pumping as well as anybody around.

They’re all really nice lads as well. :clap:

With no apparent Opera Festival to speak of. We get the Cork Guinness Jazz Festival Excuse for An Almighty Piss Up instead.

Corkonians try to hard without realising the higher plane of intellectual and cultural rigour other counties achieve with Opera Festivals and artists such as the Sawdoctors. They are of Ireland, come dance with them.

I must admit I was a touch disappointed when I finally saw the famed Wexford Opera House on my recent visit to the town. A nondescript entrance into an unremarkable terraced building.

The Cranberries!!!

Get to fuck out of here with that shit.

The Cranberries are shite, but at least aren’t a novelty band like the sawdoctors.

All the Galwegians crowing on about how arty their town is? What bands have they produced of note? None. There’s fuckall of a music scene up there. Galway is the graveyard of ambition.

From its rolling coastal waters
I can see Croagh Patrick’s peak
Where one Sunday every Summer
The pilgrims climb the reek
Where Saint Patrick in his solitude
Looked down across Clew Bay
And with a ringing of his bell
Called the faithful there to pray
There to pray

Oh take me to Clare Island
The home of Gráinne Mhaol
Its waters harbour fishes
From the herring to the whale
And now I must depart it
And reality is plain
May the time not pass so slowly
'fore I set sail again
Set sail again

:clap: just beautiful. No one is arguing that Galway isn’t full of Crusty cunts

Were The Stunning not a Galway band?

Its a great start in life to born here. Its hard to aim higher after that.

No, though Galway claimed them. They are a Clare band.