The Sawdoctors

…i just found out are number 1 again with a woeful Sugarbabes cover. I have plenty of time for the sawdoctors but this has brought my respect of the general irish music purchasing population to a new low

To be honest i could take or leave the saw doctors, they are harmless enough and have had a few catchy tunes, but I know a few mucksavages who swear they are the greatest band ever…

that sugerbabes song is fairly poor…but then again i would say if you sold 500 copies you would get to number 1 these days…

The Sawdoctors never took themselves too seriously in fairness to them. It was about having a laugh with them. Never minded them to be honest.

Your man, Davy Carton, has to be the worst singer ever.

This is a decent little number from them though.

[media=youtube]gcD40AlSjwY

Credit to you farmer, Red Cortina is a genius track. Cant beat lyrics like this with a big stick

“The way to school I tried to meet you, your father used to drop you off, you’d step out of a red cortina, you looked so pretty on those winter mornings”

Genius.

Forever and ever
First love stays with you forever
And ever and ever
First love stays with you forever
EVER…

Da Da Da Da Da Da…

[quote=“myboyblue”]Credit to you farmer, Red Cortina is a genius track. Cant beat lyrics like this with a big stick

“The way to school I tried to meet you, your father used to drop you off, you’d step out of a red cortina, you looked so pretty on those winter mornings”

Genius.[/quote]

a national treasure!
fair enough people don’t like certain types of music but you are a music snob if you haven’t genuinely shed a tear listening to ‘win just once’, the tinkers anthem!

great band up ye boys ye

Huge out my way at home. They’ve a few great numbers even though I’m not a big fan of some of their recent stuff.

Some not so well known classics.

Will it ever stop raining.
Tommy K
Clare Island.
Maroon and White (My personal favourite)

pure gold

we got michael d rocking in the dail for us
michael d rocking in the dail
in the cabinet michael d rocking in the dail for us

michael d michael d, up and he’s michael d michael d michael d givin his all
michael d michael d, up and he’s michael d michael d michael d up in the dail

I’ve always loved “I Hope You Meet Again” meself, some great sentiments in it.

No access to youtube, but am sure someone will throw it up.

Love the line “though he left without a single word, it was better in the end, there are no words to say goodbye, I hope you meet again”

Wonderful stuff.

I do like Clare Island very much. Not into them but don’t dislike them either - their live album’s a decent listen if you’re out and about with mp3 player in tow.

count me in aswell, they were truly shocking on the late late show on friday

More Eastern propoganda against the West.

Our countrys taste in music prompted Scooter to release a single solely for here, ignore the charts if you hav e any sense.

Maniac 2000 was number one for about a year!

We as a nation gave Richie Kavanagh 2 number 1’s (could be more, I lost the will to follow the charts at this point).

ah here, richie is a legend…The rally driver song is a lyrical masterpiece;)…

Forgot about Richie.

Good God.

I was subjected to one of his shows on DVD one night in the local pub of all places and Christ almighty I had to leave. He did a little bit of comedy between a few songs and his comedy was so bad I was actually eagerly awaiting a song so that he would shut up.

He’s the one that’s laughing at the public falling for it.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Forgot about Richie.

Good God.

I was subjected to one of his shows on DVD one night in the local pub of all places and Christ almighty I had to leave. He did a little bit of comedy between a few songs and his comedy was so bad I was actually eagerly awaiting a song so that he would shut up.

He’s the one that’s laughing at the public falling for it.[/quote]

Richie on DVD in a pub?!

Jaysus Leitrim truly is an unholy place…

Good God.

Richie on DVD in a pub?!

No offence farmer, but jaysus Leitrim truly is an unholy place…

Good God.

in fairness anyone that listens/watches richie kavanagh and gets offended or takes anything he does serious is beyond help…

a harmless auld crator with a few handy songs that are mildly entertaining…to be honest i would rather listen to poor auld richie sing that listen to bob geldof and bono preach and talk down to the rest of us…