The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

I think Mouse eked every last drop out of the Fitz. I’d say he played 8 years. Covid probably cost him a 9th.

1 Like

Lapsed poster @downyourthroats finished the Carlow project a few years back with that “your boys are still watching Home & Away in the middle of the day” jibe.

5 Likes

A joke. They just enrolled lads in courses who never spent one day in college and were in full time employment elsewhere.

The whole concept of all of these makey up colleges is a total money racket built on poor foundations. Lads doing business and sport courses over a 6 year period that should take 3 all so that they can attempt to win a Fitzgibbon cup to raise the status of a plastic university.

Our country needs strong universities in Dublin (2), Galway, Cork, Limerick and Maynooth supplemented with ITs in Waterford, Limerick, Dublin (2) and possibly one to cover Sligo/Donegal/Mayo.

Meanwhile, there isn’t a block layer, plasterer or plumber under the age of 30 to be seen.

7 Likes

I got dogs abuse a few months ago for stating I knew no tradesmen in and around my age.

2 Likes

Once Rowland left that was that.

Jerome Quinn commentating on hurling sounds potentially entertaining.

Bar Eoin Cody he knew no one on the pitch and made no effort to during the course of the game. He constantly referred to players by their number. He also repeated the phrase “rattle the sliothar”

Conor O Shea did a lot of filling in.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/live/w9U3LpTrcTU?si=kdAqUsf1XV_8ovm4

https://twitter.com/HigherEdGAA/status/1749526888958070973

Seems a bit of a weirdo

By all accounts he is.

Do Leinster colleges hurling games get big crowds? What do Galway teams do all year?

No. Crowds at Leinster came be poor.

Was at a few games this year and you honestly could count on two hands the specrators

Offaly schools had a following last year alright.

There would be a decent crowd at a Kilkenny city derby knockout game.

Fancy Kierans to beat OS, and GC to beat CBS this week.

Miles off Harty Cup levels of interest so

A Harty Cup medal has more prestige attached to it than most other hurling medals cc @peddlerscross

2 Likes

The Examiner do a massive job promoting Harty. You would do well to find the scorelines from Corn Ui Duill games.

1 Like

There’s a real earthquake to it. Going off with your school on a bus to Ballygiblon and Ballyhea and Ballyporeen is the stuff of dreams. One of our teachers once told us, “ye won’t remember the 18th’s or the nights out, but you’ll always remember your last game for the school”.

2 Likes

Does a fantastic job in fairness. The excitement in Cappamore Saturday was off the scale. Great competition since I was a child

1 Like

A KK city final.