The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Things you love to see!

1 Like

That picture popped up on my Twitter timeline this morning, I’d no idea who, why or what it fucking was :joy:

Congrats and enjoy the fuck outta that.

1 Like

FAO @locke, just the three sendings off in extra time here

Heywood Community School 4-15 Banagher College 2-27 (AET)

Leinster Colleges SHC ‘B’ Final

Heywood Community School have come up agonisingly short in Rosenallis this afternoon, missing out on the Leinster Colleges senior hurling B championship to Banagher.

The game was a real arm wrestle, and needed extra time to decide a winner.

Referee, John Dermody handed out four red cards in extra time – three of which were shown to Heywood players – meaning the Ballinakill school finished with just 12 players on the field, ultimately running out of steam.

SCORERS – Heywood CS: Eoghan Murphy 1-12 (1-11 frees), Sean Brennan 1-1, Ben O’Mara and Conor Headen 1-0 each, Cormac Byrne and Liam O’Keefe 0-1 each. Banagher College: Darragh Scully 0-12 (eight frees), Aaron Molloy 2-3, Shane Rigney 0-8 (five frees, one 65), Niall Flannery 0-2, Ricky Fitzsimmons and Michael Boylan 0-1 each.

HEYWOOD COMMUNITY SCHOOL: Michael Fleming (Ballinakill); Rian O’Mahony (Abbeyleix), Tom O’Keeffe (Abbeyleix), Liam Whelan (Clonad); Daniel Bergin (Abbeyleix), Eli Quinn (Abbeyleix), Stephen O’Donnell (Abbeyleix); Ethan Robertson (Abbeyleix), Mark Doheny (Ballyraggett); Lochlann Curran (The Harps), Ben O’Mara (Ballinakill), Sean Brennan (Ballyragget); Liam O’Keeffe (Abbeyleix), Eoghan Murphy (The Harps), Cormac Byrne (Abbeyleix). Subs: Conor Headon (Ballypickas) for Robertson (40), Jay Brophy (The Harps) for Curran (48), Daniel Cass (Abbeyleix) for Brophy (73).

BANAGHER COLLEGE: Eanna Mulhare; Daire Daly, Ruairi Kelly, Eric Rigney; Rob Duffy, Mark Kilkenny, Lee Hogan; Luke Bowe, Paul Cannon; Harry Grant, Aaron Molloy, Niall Flannery; Shane Rigney, Ricky Fitzsimons, Darragh Scully. Subs: Michael Boylan for Grant (42), Killian Fitzgerald for Flannery (48), Daniel Healy for Hogan (59)Kian Costello for E. Rigney (84)

REFEREE: John Dermody (Westmeath).

Huh?

Were any of the two Ballyragget lads sent to the line?

No chance, shied away from every tough encounter I was told.

1 Like
1 Like

Mary I playing LIT in the quarter-final at 2.

Going to tip along to it at lunch.

Based on performances so far, Mary I should be winning this one.

Was just about to say LIT were hanging in there and competing well but Meehan is after scoring a serious goal.

Kenneally stuck a goal for LIT, maybe could have had another.

PJ Fanning from Waterford very influential again for Mary I, dropping in from centre-back. Slick hurler, delivering nice ball and got a score too.

Mary I full-back line a little vulnerable to high ball, Kenneally, Kian O’Kelly and I think it might be Kyle Shelly all good targets for LIT.

LIT probably lack natural scorers from play while Meehan, SOB, Ryan are all well able to score for Mary I. McLaughlin is a loss though.

1 Like

Hardly have team sheets?

I don’t.

Looks like both sides are very similar to the last day though.

Mary I is

Jason
Hogan Ryan Caesar
Ryan Fanning Power
Hennessy Quinn Lohan
O’Brien Ryan Tall fella with yellow helmet came on the last day (McDonagh?)
SOB Meehan

1 Like

Is Wayne Kerins of NAP not on that. I think he was a Fresher with them last year, along with Vince Harrington.

https://twitter.com/gaaleinster/status/1755245724579536967

Watched the first half. Kierans should be further ahead. The two GBc lads at 6 + 11 are class. Something like 10 of the Kierans starters played senior club championship last year. I think only Niland can stop them winning the AI. A laois lad there at 5.

I doubt i’ll stick any more listening to that dose on commentary.

I think you’re right that they were freshers with Oisin last year but neither of them have got gametime so far.

EDIT- Harrington actually did come on the last day; maybe he was one of those subs today, I was down the far end. They definitely brought on a couple of backs.

Mary I win comfortably in the end, never looked in danger in the second half, the goal was crucial and they were able to take off the likes of Fanning, SOB & Meehan.

1 Like

A Brennan chap at 5 maybe? Clough Ballacolla I reckon.

1 Like

Thats a scutching

https://twitter.com/gaaleinster/status/1755257341002313922

Jesus that’s some hammering for a final. Were Kieran’s destroying teams on the path to it ?

Not really, KK cbs were poor but also missing a few. The big pitch in Nowlan park suited Kieran’s down to the ground.

Ard Scoil will still have a say in the race for the Croke cup. Athenry also in the mix.

1 Like