The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Mary I vs SETU Waterford
UL vs UCG

How in the fuck are half those lads pretending to be in college nowadays

1 Like

No. 29 is a gas one

UL vs UCD in the Sigerson semi on TG4 Youtube now.

@myboyblue keeper let in a bad one

Roche? He’ll score 1-3

Thats him. Dropped a high ball and it was scrambled home. Pulled of a decent save after.

Good game. UL were 4 points up but UCD have come out of their shells and now lead by a point. The Butcher boy O Toole from Monaghan is a good yoke.

UCD win 2-12 to 1-14. Good game

What is the story behind his transfer to Laois?

Ulster University up by a point at half time vs Maynooth. Maynooth had a gale in the first half.

UU giving an exhibition of butchering goal and point attempts with the wind. They are still up a point.

He went to College in Carlow, played in a Sigerson Final for them if I remember correctly. Lives in Carlow, and transferred to Killeshin inside the Laois border, in Graiguecullen Parish. Not sure what he works at, but he seems based there still anyway. There was one or two Killeshin lads on that Carlow IT team and that was the connection. @Raylan may know more. He has transformed his body though since he started with Laois, the soft fella from his College days is long gone.

How did it finish?

UCD won by a point.

Hon the University!

UU win by 5 pts. 1-13 to 0.11. They must have butchered 5 clear goal chances in that 2nd half.

You’d fancy UCD on this evening.

Iniskeem was a smashing boutique venue for the game.

Think I saw his name listed somewhere as a GDO or whatever those games development officers are called. Could be wrong on that. From Cooraclare originally. A good addition for Killeshin. I saw a video recently on their TikTok account of the 2008 Junior Final. They’ve risen the ranks steadily since then.

Divilly and Ger Brennan are some operators.

Surely UUJ will roll out Glass and Doherty for the Final.

Contested a County Final since then too, although Attride is a massive loss. They have a massive school there, and are drawing out of Carlow as well. Football only helps also, and have big big plans with a new pitch laid, new clubhouse built and a tunnel planned from old pitch to new pitch. They’re a long way on from Tony Cascarino and Celebrity Bainisteoir.

Yeah the auld urban sprawl helped them in a big way I’d imagine. Lost that final a point in 2019 (iirc). Not only Attride but the Bolger lad who went playing NFL in America too. And his brother who plays for New York. Those would be 3 serious additions for them.

I see Naas CBS won the Leinster colleges football for the 3rd year in a row. Is there any fear those incredibly useless cunts Kildare could put together a half decent senior team any time soon?? Easily the biggest underachieving GAA county of all.

1 Like

Saw that. Their 5th in 6 years. Won a few of them vs other Kildare schools. They’re been in a good few under 20 finals in the last 7/8 years also.

A radical manager like McGuinness, O Rourke or Gallagher is what they need at senior level.

3 Likes