The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

https://twitter.com/tomasoruanaidh/status/1758887707239940200?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Fair play to Jamie all the same, it’ll sicken a few lads on here for him to be doing so well

4 Likes

wouldn’t begrudge that man anything.

Didn’t realise Podge was on his knees there unti he got up.

You’d hope some of the Fitz lads would be be given a break by their inter County managers to freshen up mentally as well as physically. Lot of Ășl lads looked weary today, o’connors 5th match in 14 days.
Let them off on the beer for a couple of days. Won’t kill them to miss a few training sessions.

1 Like

Not a view shared in Roscommon anyway
https://twitter.com/score_beo/status/1758929192228475163?s=61&t=MKTryJkJbpuiQojDzsma7g

Fuckin clown

2 Likes

He wouldn’t be well got in Kildare at all. I’ve never understood the gra for him on here, pub shitehawkery.

man doesn’t even prioritise his own health.

We’re champions of the world!

The I, The I, The Mary I.

Hon the virgins!

The chants last night of “We’re teaching your children” were iconic.

3 Likes

Comes across as a right ape there.

Has Jamie Wall managed any club teams or would he be a potential inter-county manager in the near future?

Was with Kilmallock for a while, mainly as a coach when Brudair was over them. They did an odd Olympic handball style warm up with no hurleys iirc.

Over his own club Kilbrittain in recent years. Has been with the Cork academy.

1 Like

Only heard from multiple sources but apparently he’s an absolute moron

Nobody wants him

1 Like

He was with a group all the way up in the Cork underage setup but JBM was parachuted in at minor to manage them and then left in a huff before the season started and when they went back to JW he told them where to go. Unlikely to get a look in in Cork with KO’D in charge.

Lads I’m really starting to worry some of you take these things seriously

1 Like

He didn’t do particularly well with Kilmallock.

My understanding is that he doesn’t really do any coaching with Mary I, he is the manager and has other coaches. So if you’re a club and looking outside, you’re a lot more likely to look for a successful coach rather than having to look for an outside manager & coach (some clubs do, but it’s more expensive).

1 Like

You’d always hear the Mary I players raving about him. Inspirational character etc
 Jason Gillane yesterday an example.

I know they aren’t going to say anything on TV/print that’s slating but normally it sounds genuine enough.

Do you have anything good to say about anyone?

2 Likes

He’d Shane McGrath’s brother Cormac in as a coach with Mary I for a few years (almost sure he was there when they won 2nd Fitz).