The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

The Unijobs goalie is an interesting one for a start.

https://hanlonkitchens.ie/about-us/

1 Like

Anywhere to watch this?

Youtube TG4

Corner-back skinned and a goal for Kieranā€™s 1-2 to 0-4 after 13 mins.

1 Like

5 points in 5 minutes for the Kilkenny boys and all of a sudden itā€™s 1-7 to 0-4.

Half time and Kieranā€™s lead 1-11 to 0-7. By far the better team, clinical and effective. I can only recall a single wide whilst Ardscoil have hit at least half a dozen.

Thereā€™s a young fella called Rory Glynn inside at corner forward and heā€™s a dinger. Has scored three points, set up another two and was fouled for a couple of frees also. His marker was booked just before half time and will be unlikely to see the second half, I reckon.

A swirly breeze that seems to be blowing all over the place looking at the pitchside flags, but seems a little stronger into the goal that Ardscoil will play into after the break.

As an aside, the set up and facilities in Bansha look remarkably similar to Dromcollogher.

1 Like

Good game. Collins the only lad showing for ASR.

Nenagh ahead by 4 points in the other game the last time I checked. 3-8 to 1-10

Ard scoil getting a trimming

Nenagh beaten by a point.

Some finish to it. They were 3 points up after 63 mins. Loughrea got 4 points to win it from there.

They were finally done in a late finish. All the one anyway they won the big one.

3 Likes

Harty Cup me hoop.

The usual response from the Kilkenny minor selection of St.Kieranā€™s. No one cares about the Croke cup, itā€™s the Harty that matters.

1 Like

Who cares about an All Ireland when you can win your province. SKC count AIs, not Leinsters.

They have ruined that competition with their systematic poaching of Kilkenny and further afield. No one cares about it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve said it plenty times before, they are the monster in the room regarding KK hurling.

1 Like

Kieranā€™s are hated by anyone south of ballyhale. And plenty other kilkenny people too Iā€™d imagine. We see how these hyped up kieranā€™s lads go against galway minors. Beaten out the gate last year.

1 Like

Jesus I dunno, Kilkenny hurling has been going pretty ok with Kieranā€™s doing what theyā€™ve always done.

We havenā€™t beaten galway in minor in something like last 10 match ups. Usually close but double digits last year.
Kieranā€™s dominance is misleading. Basically a kk county team but likes of locke here wonā€™t acknowledge that.
Minors went down to cork couple of weeks ago and got a trimming.

1 Like