The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

My old school and I had dna playing too. Of course Iā€™m going to be happy. SKC do what they do, and why not. KK isnā€™t a big county and SKC give a student great opportunities.

:black_large_square::white_large_square::black_large_square::white_large_square:

1 Like

Not great when they have to get lads from graiugenamanagh and mount leinster rangers to play for them. Anyway, theyā€™ll win the all Ireland at a canter probably against a much smaller school.

These lads have no sense of irony at all to be whinging when they were lauding Drom winning the Munster final recently

I didnā€™t see the whole game but Nenagh can feel aggrieved they didnā€™t get a free in to win it at the end. Loughrea went down to get a leveller which was decisive.

Nenagh probably got their share of luck in the Harty cup final which is the biggest.

I always find this logic bizarre, just because 6 minutes are announced that doesnā€™t mean it has to be blown up on the button of 6 minutes, it is a minimum of 6. If the ref blew it up after 5 and a half minutes after announcing 6 I could understand the gripe.

7 Likes

Whatever about expressing embarrassing opinions on their site which nobody visits, doing so publicly on Instagram / Facebook is fucking horrendously embarrassing.

They are idiots.

Its a bit of a quirk how the Harty is deemed more prestigious to the All Ireland. In the Football equivalent, the Hogan Cup is the be all and end all.

I think the fact that beaten provincial finalists can win the Hurling All Ireland dumbs it down a bit.

On the game today Darragh McCarthy missed a one on one with the keeper which would almost certainly have sealed it for Nenagh but not to be.

On the added time, there were stoppages in the end game and McCarthy himself took an age to hit a late 65, so Loughrea were entitled to an extra minute. Nenagh themselves got some seconds to scramble an equaliser but no dice.

2 Likes

My own particular bugbear is the announce 6, the opposition waste 3 and they only play an extra 40 seconds or so.
At the highest level, timekeeping should be taken out of the hands of the referee, they have enough to be doing.

4 Likes

A group of lads who think they know it all but know sweet fuck all and flaunt it.

2 Likes

Sure ā€˜at leastā€™ is literally stated in every PA announcement, TV commentary etc.

No 13 for Raphaelā€™s is a lovely hurler

Very dubious performance from Keenan here

1 Like

Kierans have some wides hit

Some win for my alma mater in the ā€˜Dā€™ final :raised_hands:

Loughrea should have been well ahead at half time, theyā€™ll regret it

Loughrea hanging in there. Back level. Kieranā€™s have hit loads of wides

So have Loughrea tbf.

If Loughrea kept hitting ball into their FF line they could go to town but they keep shooting from mad places

Loughrea CB just levelled his own player there :smiley:

Loughrea lads need to be assaulted to get a free here, Keenan is a cunt

Scenes