The schools

[quote=“Lazarus, post:20, topic:32144, full:true”]
Any chance of you contributing to the actual issue?
tenor (36)

At least your honest :smile:

1 Like

WatchfulZanyAuklet-small

I think they’ll default pretty quickly, Primary schools that is and no Science behind it just an opinion.

Demographics in primary teaching population have changed dramatically also and faster than 2nd level so I think Unions might still have a toy or 2 to throw out at 2nd level.

No doubt the Govt know what they are doing

:joy: :joy: :joy:, Their washing their hands of it(tap in)!

1 Like

My kids would have been as well off at school the last 3 or 4 months.Goin to play dates ,birthday parties and back at the gaa the last while.And neither of them or their friends have died yet,shock horror.If the schools don’t open then they may as well close the country down.

1 Like

Time to get up and get on with it now

Is the kid going into juniors? I have a fella going in too but holding onto him for a year would make it way harder for him in 12 months time to send him

What’s this about he new dub teacher every week?
Some teachers take the piss, not as bad as other public service I’d say but it’d be a lie to say otherwise, most are very dedicated.

I haven’t t missed a day since in over 5 years, if I miss one now I think it’s unlikely a sub will be found, might be the kick in the arse that some need, I predict less absences among teachers

I’m sure he wont stand out at all mate

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Ya she’s just starting

This sub panel sounds very wishy washy. I’ve heard there are only 3 or 4 roles advertised for the whole of Kerry. One in Tralee, One in Killarney etc. Sure that wouldn’t solve anything

Optics mate

It really doesn’t matter, every qualified sub teacher will be working every single day next year, anybody who has worked in schools will know that, they just need more, retired teachers are probably not the solution because of their age so they’ll need to figure something out as regards the training colleges, I’d imagine non teaching principals and VPs will be needed in the classroom as well,

1 Like

Would they let in a few who just have a uni degree or something. Be a fair few knocking around with no job shortly

Ya but you’d get an hour of peace whilst they figured it out. Two if you took the mobile phone off them before they went.

1 Like

There must be thousands of SNAs out there as well looking for work

That’s true the issue will be numbers a lot of retired teachers like my ould fella who still does a few hours a week will be unwilling or prohibited from going back.