The schools

There probably is but SNAs aren’t the solution, especially if they’re new to the job,
Experienced SNAs will be able to manage a classroom alone, many would do it no problem without even guidance, but you can’t expect a new recruit to do anything of the sort, the qualification is a bit of a joke, you learn on the job and the good ones are worth their weight in gold

3 Likes

I know a lecturer in there who does a lot of practical work with their subjects where they have to do demonstrations and work place related type teaching. They have asked how are they supposed to video themselves giving a lecture whilst also being able to have a video of the work they are demonstrating. They were told they’d have to do it twice, talk first and then video the demonstration. When it was said that they physically cannot video themselves working and showing the demonstration, they were just told to figure it out.

As an aside, they were also told to buy chairs/desks or whatever they needed to be able to work from home and to invoice the college for expenses. As of yet, they still havent been reimbursed. They way it was going, lecturers involved in any practical type work wont be able to do fuck all with the set up UL have in place.

And then they go and play with stuff pass them around, go outside and all play together…

You’d want your head examined sending your kids to school in this country any time soon

1 Like

There no practical solution to this. IT can’t solve every problem without an unlimited budget.

1 Like

We need to just get on with it

1 Like

thats just it. zoom and teams and all this craic is great, and if nothing else, the whole lockdown shite shows there are alternative ways to do bidness and get work done. However its contributory and alongside normal working situations, its not the solution for everything and offices and meetings and personal interaction still needs to happen.

Don’t kill granny

Understood

A warning for things to come here.

1 Like

We’ve a massive shit show coming. Surely everyone going into sixth year this year can claim their leaving cert was also massively impacted?

1 Like

Always going to happen. And its terribly unfair.

Drip drip

He loves the green & white

Got an email from the school. Going ahead as planned. Staggered breaks seems to be about the only thing different. 1m apart when sitting down as well. I don’t think thats possible with junior infants personally.

I sincerely wish them well.

Its piece of mind to some people I guess. Its all hunky dorey until a child gets sick, then there’s a problem. At least they are heading back hopefully all goes weel

Schools have to go back. Let the adults deal with the infections. I’m absolutely sick and tired of successive generations screwing the ones coming behind to protect themselves.
“Here ye go kids. Here’s a filthy, plastic strewn, overpopulated, overheated planet owned by 1% of its population. Best of luck.”

11 Likes