The Sea the Stars appreciation thread

Christ…

I thought Sea The Stars was pine martin?

The greatest ever???

Supposedly there was a great moment after the race where Kinane entered the winners enclosure on Sea the Stars with the tricolour draped over his shoulders and Amhrann Na Bhfiann was played as well.

I’ve been looking for highlights or a video of this but can’t find it… :guns:

Sea the Stars is 11/4 to win Irish Sports Personality of the Year.

Don’t know anything at all about horse racing, or generally have any interest, but this race was on yesterday when I was having dinner.

Aidan O’Brien was trying to get into the horse’s head beforehand saying that he was clearly the favourite given his record. Sea The Stars didn’t fall for it and showed his class as he saw the gap having boxed himself on the inside for much of the race and went for it. An Eamonn Coughlan type smile to his opponent as he passed him and a Bolt type arms outstretched gesture and he crossed the line.

No doubt he is a genius but he is one cocky fucker.

2 Likes

[quote=“The Dunph”]Supposedly there was a great moment after the race where Kinane entered the winners enclosure on Sea the Stars with the tricolour draped over his shoulders and Amhrann Na Bhfiann was played as well.

I’ve been looking for highlights or a video of this but can’t find it… :D[/quote]Its true.I was there.

2 Likes

It fills me with pride to see men like Magnier, McManus, Oxx and the incredibly charismatic Aidan O’Brien being so successful.

Flat racing - the true sport of the people.

:clap:

1 Like

My earlier post still stands.

[quote=“The Dunph”]Supposedly there was a great moment after the race where Kinane entered the winners enclosure on Sea the Stars with the tricolour draped over his shoulders and Amhrann Na Bhfiann was played as well.

I’ve been looking for highlights or a video of this but can’t find it… :D[/quote]

[ame="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f824CU-F3rc
eature=related"]YouTube - Sea The Stars - Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe 2009[/ame]

The Greatest.

You better believe it.
Have been backing him all year except on Sunday. Just wanted to enjoy the race. Hope to fuck he goes to America. Got him at a nice price after the Champion Stakes.

Only the horse was so good Kinane would have fucked up the party. Got caught badly in a hole and was lucky to get the breaks. But when he did whoooooooosssssssshhhhh…

And another thing. Thank fuck its someone else other than Coolmore.

Once again John Oxx is a fucking legend!!!

:rolleyes:
How many Group 1 winners have you ridden?

Pulling hard at the beginning of the race, Sea The Stars had backers and fans worried, sweating up and finding a far from ideal spot on the rail. However, there was going to be nothing to stop the colt and once the gaps came, he cut through his rivals in emphatic style.

An emotional John Oxx joked: "(My heart) is still beating fairly slow, I think. "It’s wonderful that it’s over - it’s just a great relief.

[B]"It’s wonderful that he’s come through it. He was in a nice position and he just had to step up the gears a bit to get out.

"Mick would not panic because this horse has the gears.

“That’s what any jockey will tell you, if the horse has the speed and the gears he will get himself out of trouble.” [/B]

An astounding performance from horse, jockey and trainer, Sea The Stars will now go down in history as one, if not the, greatest of all time.

1 Like

How many Group 1 winners have you ridden?[/quote]

Does your ma count? She was a long way from a maiden anyway

Good commentary too

“Hes got 6 or 7 lengths to make up…
Hell have to be a champion
He is a champion I reckon.
Hes got the run now in the centre
Hes out after the leader.
He picks up Statelitia
He powers clear
Sea the Stars racing away
Perfection in equine form
A horse of a lifetime
”

1 Like

:rolleyes:

Thinly veiled " I actually know fuck all about horse racing yet I like to boast on the internet about fantastic bets that I have made that will invariably always come up before a bank holiday weekend or the weekend of a match enabling me to say that’s the weekend paid for."

Thinly veiled " I actually know fuck all about horse racing yet I like to boast on the internet about fantastic bets that I have made that will invariably always come up before a bank holiday weekend or the weekend of a match enabling me to say that’s the weekend paid for."[/quote]

Never said I knew much about racing but at least i’ve thrown up some winners on the site. When have you managed that?

You never said you knew much about racing yet you can spout on about Kinane nearly losing the race completely oblivious to the fact that Kinane has rode him all year and knows the horse and what it can do.

The only other thing I can remember you going on about was that Lester Piggot was Jamie Spenser’s father ( Stan Laurel was Clint Eastwood’s father by the way, look at the photos, it’s uncanny )

[quote=“Mullach Ide”]You never said you knew much about racing yet you can spout on about Kinane nearly losing the race completely oblivious to the fact that Kinane has rode him all year and knows the horse and what it can do.

The only other thing I can remember you going on about was that Lester Piggot was Jamie Spenser’s father ( Stan Laurel was Clint Eastwood’s father by the way, look at the photos, it’s uncanny )[/quote]

Fooks sake Mullach, I’d say your 100% proof that Tipp folk are as cool and as chilled out as we’re told they are.

For the rest of us, I repeat,…The Greatest…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SzQef1bMqc

[quote=“Lazarus”]Fooks sake Mullach, I’d say your 100% proof that Tipp folk are as cool and as chilled out as we’re told they are.
[/quote]

I’m a very chilled out person Laz, the odd stupid statement gets my goat every now and again. :clap:

Kinane has now rode the winner of the Prix de l’Arc in 1989, 1999 & 2009, that’s a fair auld achievement as well.