The Sea the Stars appreciation thread

I saw that jockey being interviewed yesterday. What an absolute mong beast. Boring, ignorant, uncooth fool.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Don’t know anything at all about horse racing, or generally have any interest, but this race was on yesterday when I was having dinner.

Aidan O’Brien was trying to get into the horse’s head beforehand saying that he was clearly the favourite given his record. Sea The Stars didn’t fall for it and showed his class as he saw the gap having boxed himself on the inside for much of the race and went for it. An Eamonn Coughlan type smile to his opponent as he passed him and a Bolt type arms outstretched gesture and he crossed the line.

No doubt he is a genius but he is one cocky fucker.[/quote]

I’m really not sure what way to take this?

1 Like

Its off to the glue factory

He’ll be remembered as fondly as Lassie & Skippy when alls said and done.

75k a cover is what I believe the starting fee to be.
Anyone got a half decent mare we could use?

[quote=“The Runt”]75k a cover is what I believe the starting fee to be.
Anyone got a half decent mare we could use?[/quote]

thefreekick.com - View Profile: cailinlochgarman@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: cailinlochgarman@@AMEPARAM@@cailinlochgarman

[quote=“The Runt”]75k a cover is what I believe the starting fee to be.
Anyone got a half decent mare we could use?[/quote]

Is this a form of horse prostitution?

:rolleyes:

:smiley:

I reckon she’s more the 3 mile chaser sort.

:smiley:

I reckon she’s more the 3 mile chaser sort.[/quote]

Ya cunt, you got there before I could take it down. It was meant to come up as a clicky, but when you try clicky a profile the persons name comes up, so I felt it ruined the surprise. :smiley:

Probably the right decision although having said that I dont think he had much to lose by going for the breeders cup. He and he alone made the sporting year a great one.

1 Like

And Darach Honan

And Pukey

Mare in foal to Sea The Stars makes €300,000
19 NOV 2010

http://images.racingpost.com/2009/Dec/12639.jpg

AS ONE of only two mares in the sale in foal to Sea The Stars the four-year-old Blas Ceoil was always likely to play a central role at the opening day of the Goffs November Breeding Stock Sale, and she did not disappoint when eventually making a sale-topping €300,000.

A smart dual-winning juvenile for Jim Bolger and offered under Redmonstown Stud, Blas Ceoil came under the hammer carrying her second foal to the amazing champion of 2009.
Bidding for the Mr Greeley half-sister to this season’s Group 3-winning two-year-old Radharcnafarraige quickly swept past the €100,000 mark and several minutes later the hammer eventually came down in favour of Hubie De Burgh who was seated just to the left of the auctioneer’s rostrum.

“She’s been bought for an Australian breeder who wanted a nice, young mare in foal to Sea The Stars and she fitted the bill,” commented De Burgh.
“This mare will go down to Australia in January and she will be foaled down there and the foal will eventually race down there. She’s a nice, young, mare from a very good family.”

Is yourman any relation to chris de burgh

:clap:

Colt foal from Sea The Stars and Zarkava union
By Bloodstock World Staff 6:08PM 14 FEB 2011

THE much publicised mating of two brilliant Arc winners in Sea The Stars and Zarkava - who won the big end of season race in 2009 and 2008 respectively - has produced a colt foal.

“He is a strong colt who looks like his sire and is very correct,” said Georges Rimaud, manager of the Aga Khan Studs in France. “It was a straight-forward foaling and both the mare and foal are fine.”

The colt, who was born on Friday night at the Aga’s Haras de Bonneval, is Zarkava’s second foal as she produced a filly byanother Arc winner in Dalakhani last year.

This is the second foal by Sea The Stars out of a mare owned by the Aga Khan, who stands the son of Cape Cross at his Gilltown Stud in Ireland.

The first was born at Gilltown out of Asmara, the dam of multiple Group 1 winner Azamour, who was described by the Aga Khan’s Irish stud manager Pat Downes as “a fine filly with good bone and great scope”.

Im looking forward to the summer of 2014 already!

Same price as Louisville Lip :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still the greatest :clap: :clap:

:lol:

Bump