The Seething thread

If youā€™ve confused the word seething with working., then yes.

2 Likes

What work did you do on the forum mate ? I havenā€™t noticed anything different to be honest

2 Likes

I only know one of the traffic wardens in Limerick City. A Clareman who used to be secretary of Na Piarsaigh.

I babysat @toddlermice for a few hours. Pain in the arse to be honest.

I never knew it was only ā‚¬40 for a parking fine in Limerick. Thatā€™s a bargain to be fair. Iā€™m all my driving life (about 15yrs) parking in Limerick city without a proper disc and Iā€™ve never got a parking fine. I can count on one hand the amount of times iā€™ve paid for parking in Limerick, whether that be using a car park or buying a parking disc. I estimate iā€™ve saved many hundreds of Euros taking this approach. Youā€™d want to be very bad at the ancient battle of wits with traffic wardens to get caught in Limerick.

One trick I use is I throw up an old parking disc scratched out for March or whenever it was. If the warden is only half doing his job heā€™ll glance at my windscreen and see the disc but it takes a special kind of jobsworth in my experience whoā€™ll come over and inspect the finer details of the displayed disc. Iā€™m not going to disclose any more tips from my successful strategy for going undetected by the traffic wardens of Limerick. But its not rocket science.

5 Likes

Do they clamp in Limerick or just give tickets?

How many discs did you have to buy as part of this method?

Tickets. Easier put it on the window and run.

I have a grand parking spot in the taxi rank at the side of Debenhams down towards Hook and Ladder, Iā€™ve never seen a taxi on that rank in the daytime, years parking there and never had a ticket yet, youā€™d be a mug to buy a disk or that park magic yoke
The Limerick wardens are A1.

:smile:

What the hell happened there!? :joy: I flagged my own post!

Some cuntery alright!

1 Like

I canā€™t remember where but i had to park somewhere for an hour or so one day outside of my usual spots and bought a disc. Probably because herself was with me and maybe it was raining and she didnā€™t want to walk 10mins to where we were going. Anyway Iā€™ve been recycling that disc since.

2 Likes

Definitely worth the risk if itā€™s only tickets and a 40 euro fine. Clamps are a game changer

I know a fella had hundreds of euro in fines in parking tickets and they took him to court and he made up some bullshit story and the judge let him off anyway. He asked him to give a donation to charity however and your man gave ā‚¬50 to the Vincent de Paul. True story.

According to my tax returns, I paid Limerick City Council ā‚¬22 for parking in 2016. That equates to 11 times I paid for parking. I wouldnā€™t park much in the city as I live only a short walk away, so I need to up my game and stop getting mugged off by paying (although it is somewhat tax deductible). Iā€™ve parked a few times where @backinatracksuit mentioned and rarely seen taxis there. At most, three or four taxis up a the top of the rank but never back to where Hook and Ladder is.

Are all tipp cunts that hungry that theyā€™d claim tax back on parking?

10 Likes

Giving that a like, and a dart pal.
Have ā‚¬50 worth of parking receipts from Galway. Claim FUCKING everything pal.

3 Likes

WTF fuck? You casually dropped that in as if it was normal behaviour. Itā€™s staggering and I havenā€™t read anything like it on TFK in nearly 10 years. Last time was probably when lapsed poster @Il_Bomber_Destro was riffing about wearing the same work shirt on consecutive days.

Im surprised an accountant finds submitting a business expense to be that unusual

2 Likes