The Seething thread

Get your daughter to drop a few snide comments about the war, maybe a salute or sieg heil on the qt.

Go in then yourself and tell her it wont be long til sheā€™s back being chased around swimming pools by bogus 30 year old afghan refugees

How can one not learn from TFKā€™s super dads?

Are you sure such a restrained and subtle approach would work?

If it doesnā€™t work we can move to defcon 2, a school wide rendition of one bomber harris

Thatā€™s a smashing response. Very measured post, and more evidence that youā€™re a top top dad

Winner

If youā€™d taken this approach with the wife you could have avoided spending the winter sleeping in the boiler house.

10 Likes

Iā€™m struggling to reconcile this clearly calm, measured individual with the guy who nearly went balubas over some fella foostering with a coffee lid in a petrol station a few hours earlier.

When are we bullying @Fran again mate?

Iā€™ve learned this from Mrs Bradley. Years ago my when my eldest was in 1st or 2nd class she said 2 boys were taking her stuff in school and bullying her and acting the little cunts, sure I lost the plot ( in front of her ) and went on a war footing, I had plans drawn up for attacks in their family homes and what not, all mad angry stuff, sure that only made the child worse.
Mrs Bradley told me and my eldest that itā€™s only boys being silly and that some other kids will always be nasty and weā€™d let the teacher know, cool and clam as you like.
She made a fuss out of the child and reassured her itā€™d be all ok and reminded me to focus on the childā€™s well being first and foremost.
If ā€˜ā€˜twas left to me Iā€™d most likely be in Limerick prison now for multiple arson attacks on family homes.
In short. Women know best in there situations.

4 Likes

For throwing snails at peoples house :rofl:

1 Like

@iron_mike - reassure your daughter first and foremost.

Is she the type to give it back generally or is she quiet? You could build her up to stand up to this other lady and throw a bit of abuse backā€¦ If this was a son youā€™d have him bust a guy straight in the nose, so there has to be an element of her standing up for herself here if possible. Did she turn to you both for help or how did you find out? Whatā€™s most important is that she sees you are there for her and sheā€™s not aloneā€¦ If sheā€™s quiet enough go and have a word with a teacher / principal and let them sort it.

How have her friends reacted? Or has she told them how she feels? This can leave life long marks so you need to be calm and think whatā€™s best for your daughter here and not whatā€™s best for you.

Mike I had this shite with my 8 year old, all I wanted to do is call up to their parents house but the misses stopped me, then I took a step back and went to the principal, made sure her parents were informed of what was going on. If it was a boy Iā€™d have said kick him in the stones son,but itā€™s different with girls. Make sure you tell the principal relay to her parents what a cunt she is being

2 Likes

@iron_mike, if itā€™s an exchange student the host family need to know. Make sure the principal tells them. She should be on the first plane home. Might not be the only thing sheā€™s done and they could be just looking for a reason to get her home.

Aufwiedersehen pet

Any development kid?

Wife rang yesterday. Sheā€™s going in to see the principal on Monday. Unfortunately Iā€™m up to my Titsey on Monday. But we are 100% sure that neither my young want or any of her friends started this.
So it could be a case of Aufwiedersehen pet on Monday

She wonā€™t be sent home Mike, no chance of that so I wouldnā€™t be getting my hopes up, if the principal goes about it right your daughter should find herself out of the firing line.
This will pass, just keep an eye on her and the communication lines open

Ah, despite all my ramblings, Iā€™m not really looking for her to get sent home. A scare will do. As I said before my daughter loves secondary and is very happy there. I just want to see that continue

3 Likes

Abject humiliation for me here.