The Senate

I think it’s Irish Pictorial Weekly have them down to tee in their sketches

Very long (mostly boring it must be said) piece here about online bullying and trolling shenanigans from Cahill and her associates.

Some interesting stuff there all the same. Suggestions that people close to Cahill (or perhaps herself) are fabricating “bullying” Twitter comments against her using fake accounts. Cahill has made her own account private after apparently losing the plot and going well over the top in terms of what she was writing.

Over time, I realised Ms Cahill was doing some stuff I couldn’t support. People who had no part in any abuse were being denounced on the basis that they were in Sinn Fein, or could somehow be associated with Sinn Fein. One woman was told that her husband may have been an informer, which struck me as particularly irresponsible. Her grandchild was named and she was told she should be thinking about his welfare. A photo of a child sex abuse survivor was posted against her will on a Unionist account with which Ms Cahill is friendly. This seemed to happen because the woman had offended Ms Cahill online and Ms Cahill drew attention to the published photograph from her own account. People with no association whatsoever with Sinn Fein got this treatment too, if they dared to disagree with any aspect of Ms Cahill’s behaviour.

Who said this?

“Cahill near harassed me to death. Along with others. A nutter.”

The journalist that was shot in Derry?

Yes

Lyra McKee

What was this about sid?

Time to get rid of the Senate once and for all. Regina Doherty nominated to it, after she being tasked by FG with abolishing it not so long ago. Some absolute dreadful wasters in there, worst of the absolute worst.

1 Like

It would sicken you that dooley got a spot after failing at the ge, then failing at the seanad election.

Gravy train

Third time lucky .

1 Like

A reformed Seanad with some teeth is a good idea. It is used poorly though.

You do realise ( you do) there was a referendum some time back and Mick felt he was giving the gubbermint a bloody nose opted to keep the bloody thing . So we can’t really whinge .

The “twitter meltdown “ would be gas if Doherty is appointed a MOS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I voted for its abolishment, so I can.

I can’t remember how I voted nay I can’t even remember if I voted .

Then you can have no say

To be honest if doesn’t bother me hugely either way

I’ll remember you said that when the revolution comes.