The Shame I feel about Dublin as my šŸ capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

I was in town on Wednesday and Iā€™ve tentative plans to pop into the office for a couple of hours next Tuesday too. We all need to do our bit to regenerate the city.

4 Likes

Youā€™d want your head examined to be raising a family in Dublin. Itā€™s hard not to think this is all that creep Curtisā€™s fault.

1 Like

Anyone with a bit of cop on has sold up and left the cities in a flight to rural Ireland.

Luckily we have none of that carry on around us. You couldnt put a price on magpies, foxes or hares annoying you in comparison.

Make sure you buy a coffee and a sandwich while youā€™re in and 10 pints after work and we canā€™t ask anymore of you, comrade bandage.

1 Like

I ordered a Baileys Coffee for myself in a well known Dublin pub recently but they had no cream. They need to meet us halfway mate.

7 Likes

The non policing of Dublin started a few years ago. Beggars came southside and had free reign to badger tourists and locals, ā€œtwo Euro for a hostel mateā€. That was permitted as the economy went south followed by the era of equating the rental crisis and homeless issue to more complicated problems like addiction.

Oā€™Connell Street has had a long side for decades, as when the suburban movie theatre arrived its role as a family destination declined. It was replaced with the awful arcades and other shit, with the streets surrounding it seeing a similar decline. Also the over concentration of addiction supports in the area always attracted in addicts from all over, but allowing well meaning charities to turn it into a soul kitchen (and drug dealing Mecca) was a catastrophic mistake.

Covid has made it a lot worse, lads openly drug dealing heroin in the likes of College Green when before it was kept to certain parts of the city. Thereā€™s a whole graduating class of kids going into it as well as they missed so much school.

I donā€™t think there much impetus to change as the the centre parties want social issues kept away from their suburban and rural strongholds. The hard left who control the seats do not want any demographic change there and problems suit their narrative. Thereā€™s a complete denial that there are some other shitstaines living there making life a living hell for the vast majority. Chris Andrews is an exception as he at least brings up the issues in the inner city without automatically blaming the gubbernment.

7 Likes

The increase in energy prices underlines that rooral Ireland is not a sustainable option.

We need strong cities for the next generations to live in.

I agree Tim, problem is we donā€™t have any solutions to the problem.

Rooral types using and abusing cities and towns economic strength helps nobody.

1 Like

Rooral types just like your good self on the green Luas line donā€™t give a fuck either, pal.

Excuse me but I am a DART man but mostly cycle.

2 Likes

You forgot the turfā€¦ā€¦ Turf will be like Bitcoin next year, get on board now.

2 Likes

Weā€™re burning the straw and stacking turf in the shed instead

Fuck it I wouldnt like to align turf with that bitcoin shite.

Worst case scenario you can actually burn turf.

Dublin was always a kip but Covid lockdowns finished it.

Is it the worst capital in Europe? Itā€™s up there anyway.

Iā€™ll wait for the definitive word from @StoneCold on whether Dublin is a shithole.

Huzzah

Its the lack of pride native Dubs and associated culchie blow ins take in their own town centre that is most disturbing. Time was your main street was your showpiece, not a meeting place for gurriers. The carryon there on a daily basis would get short thrift in cities that gave a shit. If Dubs had any pride in their town they might do something about it

2 Likes

They have started to washdown the streets now which you would think they should have been doing all along. Capel st etc are getting better

Oā€™Connell st is a dump