The Shame I feel about Dublin as my šŸ capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

Lived in Dublin 97-03. Great times, formative.
Different city now and nowhere is perfect but genuinely sad to see the transparant nature of the criminal behaviour in the city centre nowadays, fellas watching for vulnerable targets and scurrying away to the alleys once one of them gets a twist. Thats before even mention the scrotes. Just seems no one gives a flying fuck up there at the minute.
Not having a go, Galway City is much worse than it used to be, everywhere is I think post lockdown, just think theres something particulary sad about seeing O Connell Street especially in its current state

2 Likes

You couldnt pay me to go to o connell st, an absolute dump

I am taking the North Circular route on Saturday and avoiding the city centre altogether

2 Likes

Parts are, parts are not.

Youā€™d need a Duterte type figure to rid the streets of zombie junkies though and feral teenage gangs

1 Like

Too many foreign folkā€¦ And I donā€™t mean that in a out, out, out way. The Irish are all in the suburbs except those that canā€™tā€¦ Dublin is becoming like Detroit

The smell of excrement and urine walking past Harbour Court is overpowering.

The city has been for people who donā€™t work the last two years. Only really seeing a decent pick up the last couple of months.

Once they blocked the left turn at the bottom of Dawson St for south side traffic, the North side left the consciousness of south side folk who could no longer travel up Westmoreland Street and Oā€™Connell Street.

Oā€™Connell Street is an awful awful place now.

The newly pedestrianised Capel St is bustling.

Dublin is nearly like any other city in the world - parts of it are awful and parts are great and locals know where to avoid. The aggressive begging is everywhere now and needs to be policed.

The roaster probably experiences the worst and most dangerous part of Dublin on the walk from Supermacs on Oā€™Connell st to Croke Park

2 Likes

Agreed. When you factor in the costs of flying you in from Australia it becomes prohibitive, however worthy a venture it might be.

The computer keeps your house warm whilst itā€™s mining mate. Whatā€™s the issue?

Thatā€™s @Bandage and his IFSC mates then.

1 Like

In fairness, I think Dublin centre is worse than Manchester or Birmingham these days. Every time I venture down o Connell street I scratch my head as to how a city so wealthy can have what should be itā€™s signature street in such a state. I know what Iā€™d do. Iā€™d pedestrianise it, and police it aggressively

4 Likes

Get Lugs Brannigan types in to clip a few ears off the feral youths

1 Like

Wolfe Tone Square has got a bit of a facelift lately and it has done it no harm. Then, 50 yards away in the alley behind the AXA head office, youā€™d be lucky not to see human shit, piss flowing and needles strewn

2 Likes

Tfk rural types 6/7/22 all of the countries money is being on Dublin
Tfk rural types 8/7/22 we need to spend money on Oā€™Connell St

16 Likes

Iā€™ll expect the grand tour of Oā€™Connell Street in August so.

MBB 08/07 - We need to build a wall around Dublin.

The furthest north you will likely go with me is the Palace Bar on Fleet Street. Youā€™ll be able to smell from there.

Dublin city has always had its rough areas. O Connell st has been a shithole for as long as i can remember. Its a pity because it has great potential. The Talbot st/ Gardener st area went from bad to worse during Lockdown. However large parts of the city are very nice. Anne st/Drury st, Capel st/Stoneybatter and the Camden st areas are all grand for a night out or a potter around.
Lads coming up to croker twice a year and calling the place a shithole because they saw a few junkies on talbot st is fascinating to watch. Similar to me taking a walk through Moyross and declaring Limerick as a Kip.

15 Likes

There is a lot of history behind the poverty of the North Inner City and the poor housing mostly relating to the influx of people into Dublin after the famine coinciding with the the bankruptcy of the Gardiner estate and the introduction of the railways which saw the middle classes move out to Monkstown and Kingstown.

8 Likes