The Shame I feel about Dublin as my šŸ capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

Canā€™t understand the inaction of the security guard though. Isnā€™t this supposed to be his bread and butter. Iā€™d love to know what led to the ā€œincidentā€. Were they know to each other etc.

As someone mentioned earlier, the redhead seems like a normal punter. Makes it all the more disturbing if it was a random encounter in the shop.

He had ample opportunities to grab her from behind and disarm her. I presume he has taken various courses on such actionā€¦

1 Like

he had hands on her twice. a stone useless cunt.

I can, heā€™s probably making minimum wage and thinking fuck this shit.

3 Likes

A cup of boiling water from the coffee/tea machine. Straight into the slashers face. Job is oxo

Most spars have the free pour hot water on tap.

2 Likes

yeah youā€™d hope so alright. But like I say, its far easier said than done in the situation. Everyone can be the hero talking about hypothetical situations, actually going in and stopping a fight where one person has a blade of some sort is not something most people would run into.

The one thing I would say is that yer man was happy out to watch the row and didnt know there was a blade, so there was no reason for him or the security guy not to get involved early on and stop it.

And youā€™d probably end up in jail yourself

1 Like

Or worse again be attacked by a gang of them after your shift is over.
Not worth having a blade drawn across your face or worse.

1 Like

Pepper spray would have been the job

Youā€™d think ā€˜ concerned parentsā€™ if there are any would feckin man their streets
In an ā€˜organisedā€™fashion
Get their intelligence
Call in a group to the individual scrotes/ scrote parents and inform them
Stop - no choice
Or we will return and picket your house / es and continue to do so
Give them a chance to cop on
If it doesnā€™t work - give it to the parents first
And continue

1 Like

I think the idea of busing brings more problems to it as distance will make it a further challenge to get there and get education etc. You need glorified baby sitters with some of the parents out there who just donā€™t give a shit.

Iā€™m also dubious about this idea of them being able to just see people getting on with things and aspiring to that themselves. Basically all large employers in Dublin city centre will have community outreach programmes. I heard a story of one who in the wake of one of Niall Harbinsonā€™s outbursts on Lovinā€™ Dublin (the kids who jump into Docklands, he called them them some derogatory term), decided to put on free diving and water safety demonstrations for the local kids.

Some of the kids proceeded to steal all the demonstration wetsuits. A couple of days later the kids were back to their usual spot on the edge of the Canal throwing mud at the tech nerds from said Company coming and going. Funny enough but some of the same ones were probably at this a couple of years later. GardaĆ­ investigate after woman pushed into Royal Canal following alleged racial abuse ā€“ The Irish Times

I agree with you on the facilities point. If you look up Cherry Orchard and facilities youā€™ll see people crying out for shops and restaurants. Loads of money has been spent in the area on various initiatives but it will be never enough without a culture change. Shops etc really arenā€™t something authorities should be providing either, those places would be there already if it made sense.

1 Like

Reminds me of that old bit by Doug Stanhope. If I have a dog and it bites someone, I suffer the consequences. If you have a child, soon as theyā€™re 18 they are no longer your problem, but ā€œsocietyā€™sā€ problem.

1 Like

Itā€™s all about responsibility

I was going down the A34 at rushour a while back. Two lanes of heavy slow traffic, and some young lad on a scrotorbike goes past down the middle doing a wheelie at about 50mph. No helmet. Face scarf. Remarkable skill.
Ballay little lad for sure. He kept going in a wheely for a good half mile till I lost sight of him.

This is probably the reason there are no shops in Cherry Orchard bar one small corner shop. If itā€™s like this on the main road through Ballyfermot itā€™d be a lot worse in Cherry Orchard.

2 Likes

He wasnā€™t hesitant sniggering filming it. A fcuking coward and a thug.

1 Like

I never said they just see someone getting on with it and follow suit. It needs to be done early and often, its not a miracle fix, one initiative thing.

I dont know the solution. But its definitely long term and it almost certainly involves education.

A ridiculous ratio of prisoners in Irish jails have left school before they were 15 and have no employable trade or skills.

Hopelessness.

Those community outreach programmes by corporations are a load of bollocks. Some middle management tosser going in telling them how great they are. Its good for some cunts cv. They donā€™t care

A major issue as well is its a lifes ambition for people who have it to get out of these places, and nobody could blame them, so good people leave, the houses are sold to either drug dealers or criminals and drug dealers move in or troublesome families from other areas are moved in and off someones list. good out, bad in isnt going to fix it and that is a much more complex problem to solve. No normal person could want to stay in such an environment and again this leads to hopelessness

1 Like

Whether the person behind that account means to glorify anti-social behaviour - or not - is not really the question. The outcome is that it does. Youngsters who are vulnerable to being sucked down a bad path by peer pressure, by a culture itā€™s hard to escape, are confronted by endless examples of such incidents appearing on their phones or laptops. This endless stream of viral clips normalises such behaviour, it makes a joke of it. When itā€™s made a joke of, that amounts to pretty much the same thing as glorifying it. In a way itā€™s a bit like how Ross Oā€™Carroll-Kelly ended up being unironically perceived as a role model by some well off youngsters rather than understood as the satire of a particular type of monied, entitled, arrogant class he was meant to be.

This endless stream of such clips also divides society because when people from better off areas see these clips, the way they perceive it is to look on people from certain areas with ridicule and total contempt, as a sort of lower caste, thus reinforcing the cycle.

oh yeah, Iā€™ve no issues in the cunt filming it being ridiculed. Point was more to getting involved rather than videoing it. Videoing it and guffawing about a girl getting slashed is cuntish behaviour.

1 Like

People from well off areas have looked on people from socially disadvantaged areas with ridicule and contempt long before twitter was there

No doubt some of what you say is true but the opposite may also hold true, the more people are made aware of just how bad it is, they may feel inclined to do something about it. If its just a thing thats happening and you hear mention its easy ignore.

@Cheasty