The Shame I feel about Dublin as my 🐐 capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

He probably took the handy option, and thought that he will be back there night after night, so if he doesn’t intervene, then they have no excuse to come back and attack him night after night. The easy life.

That’s just the latest line of excuses and a particular stretch.

Tbf the only “solution” is changing the social mix, more robust policing, more prison places and continued investment in areas like early stage interventions. It will never be all of the answer just like it isn’t anywhere else. We’ll always be humans with failings.

1 Like

No where’s going to be perfect but things can be a lot better than they are in Ireland’s sink estates. I like Germany’s strict enforcement on quiet time for example, makes apartment living very doable.

The Germans, bar a minor blip mid twentieth century, are a great bunch of lads.

6 Likes

You just know you’re in a proper well run country there. A blip alright but desperate times and only 30% voted for the little Austrian oddball. They’d want to stop apologizing for something that happened near a century ago and go back to running the show in Europe.

1 Like

The problem is there are not enough Gardai! No wait, the problem is there are too many Gardai!

The reason people is bein’ stabbed is cause a politician went to the ploughing.

It’s a disgrace. What’s a disgrace? IT’S a disgrace. It. That. The yoke. The thingy. It’s ALL a disgrace.

1 Like

People expect Guards to just teleport to incidents the second they happen.

A 1 minute clip of a fight and people asking where were the guards?

1 Like

They’re actually asking where are FFG, not where the Gardai are

1 Like

Some valid points
Only problem there is these yob kids will never be brought to the GAA club etc
Chav parents wouldn’t be bothered
So all the volunteering in the world makes no difference to these feckers

2 Likes

Given Fine Gaels strong connections to the old guard of the Dublin criminal underworld they should be able to sort it.

4 Likes

When I heard 2 different ‘locals’ come out with the” most of these young fellas don’t even come from here’
I switched off

1 Like

How is cork these days? grand, or full of scrotes? passed through again last Saturday and it looked to be buzzing during the day.

1 Like

Tbh plenty of undesirables tapping/ fighting/ pissing on the streets
Witnessed all this last Friday- daytime within 200 m

Ps oh forgot about the 2 chaps panned out on the main st
And outside the CUH
And I mean panned out
And the 208 driver had to drive past a bus stop as a couple out of it were attempting to board
Place can be loo La at times
And the smell of piss outside bishop Lucey park would knock you down

Remiss of me not to mention the drunk trying to juggle fruit up in the air and when he caught one
He’d offload it rugby’ type pass to his other inebriated buddy( course he couldn’t connect)

I used to “coach” (herd) an U-12 team for Scoil Ui Chonaill when they still focussed on taking kids from O’Connell schools. With the advent of community schools in the suburbs and places like Ashbourne in the 80s kids from suburban families no longer came into town to be schooled and the kids were exclusively inner city. The kids were a feral enough bunch, if largely good natured. Opposing teams from nice areas looked on in terror when we pulled up. My job was basically to manage to get them on the field and stop them fighting and robbing and get them back in the cars and home without the club suffering too much reputational damage. Not one parent ever came to see their son play in all the time I did it.

In time the club gave this up as a bad job. None of the kids played on past primary school. The club attached itself instead to a Gaelscoil in Harmonstown that had just opened. The turnaround was remarkable. Both parents of every kid would show up every week. Parents who had never been involved in any way with the GAA before. The fathers and the mothers would volunteer for any task. A girls section was set up and became very successful. It took a while but eventually the club turned around and started to rise back through the divisions.

20 Likes

“Not one parent ever came to see their son play in all the time I did it.”

That’s very sad vv sad
I kicked every ball he kicked
I cried for him when he was down
I felt as if I earned his black belt
County medals
Etc etc
I was a normal dad ( mostly)
I felt his emotions on the field
Off it when he was down about losing
I celebrated and physically fell to my knees on a walk and cried when he got into UCC
I love him more than anything on earth
Immensely proud of the young man he became (as all dads and mams should be about their kids)

To actually not turn up to watch your child have fun whilst in a team is unbelievable!

I never missed any tae Kwon do competition
Or twice weekly training
Or soccer or GAA games
And training
Etc etc fuck it I love the bones of all my children

18 Likes

It reads a bit like the kids had enough of the Alex Ferguson approach, downed tools and forced the Manager out. The chaps would have been happier and more responsive to the Klopp ‘arm around the shoulder’ style.

8 Likes

Like the day the teacher told one of the McCarthys he was going to send a letter home to his parents in 6th class

You’ll have to throw it in over the wall of Limerick prison Noddy says, his cousin

7 Likes

You owl bollix. :smiley::smiley:

1 Like