The Shame I feel about Dublin as my 🐐 capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

The guards are always outside any a&e

London. I walked around london for 4 years and never felt the same sense of menace as i did in Dublin. It’s cloying

This is magnificent viewing.

@myboyblue and youtube have you paranoid. Dublin is grand. Limerick is too.

3 Likes

I got robbed in dublin so I’m not impartial

Post Covid I’ve been out in various parts of London, New York, Chicago, Boston, Paris and Manchester.

Dublin is no better or worse than any of them.

Well I will say Paris is a bit scary at night. I’d a friend coming in late so I walked to gare du nord and it was fairly scary. I wasn’t going walking back anyway. I definitely felt unsafe.

Paris is also massive so it’s relative.

There is narrative breaking out in this country that’s very dangerous.

Dublin is a great city. Very sporting and a good representation of Irish people. People are extremely well looked after and make many return trips.

Dublin racing festival and champions weekend are seeing more and more international visitors.

We’ll have record numbers of Americans next weekend for the football.

It’s a really good place particularly if you are young.

Of course there will issues but when you so many people in such a small place that is going to happen.

4 Likes

Limerick is a bit dead. It’s such a pity u.l is outside the city and that there is no rail link to Shannon airport.

The link to adare will be interesting but Limerick city is just a little dead now. It simply isn’t that busy in the evenings during the week and being perfectly honest comparing it to Dublin is pointless.

The problem in Dublin is transport. Everyone gets fucked out on the street at the same time and there’s not enough ways to get people home in comparison to other cities. It’s an absolute mess

I wouldn’t agree there now because essentially there’s no real closing time in Dublin anymore so there’s a staggered enough nature to the crowd but yes trying to get taxis is tricky in the evenings.

You are right though in provincial towns you’d get your head kicked in quickly when things start to close.

When we were younger Newcastle was crazy at night. Fellas had come to fight and the night out was merely a bonus.

There isn’t as many folk staying up for the gaa matches as before which is a pity but from I heard from any Limerick fans that did said they’d a great time.

Dublin has issues but it’s a great city.

Are any of the tfk American football fans going next weekend?

2 Likes

You’d see more craic on a night out in Basingstoke than Limerick

3 Likes

Hopefully u.l moving into city helps but it’s tough. What actual population lives in Limerick city? Mungret, Raheen, caherdavin etc takeaway from it massively.

Whats on?

Navy v notre dame.

1 Like

There’s not a hotel room to be got from weeks ago

Nothing new there! Dame street is being turned in to some sort of fanzone for the weekend isnt it.

Why do you want him to die?

I wonder why.

I didn’t know this was on but thought it might be something to look at bringing the young lads to.

I probably wouldn’t though as it’s a long day, 35 mins with plenty going on with 10 mins for haribo, chocolate and a fruit shoot just about does them!

I looked it up anyway….the tickets are more than €700 each!

Fuck that!

1 Like

I went to one in Croke Park in 2016 I think. It was a load of me hole. Keep your cash. It’s a sport made for watching on the telly.

2 Likes

you’d think people on that thread would have been sick of the “ATM” joke all the way through, but no, every new response is a funny quip about the ATMs. fuck sake.