The Shame I feel about Dublin as my 🐐 capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

Had a brisk walk around south Dublin city centre tonight. Its SAFE, its busy and there is a great buzz around.

That’s the problem pal

1 Like

Reminded me of Earl Butz

Boone, a right-wing Republican, asked Butz why the party of Lincoln was not able to attract more blacks. The Secretary responded with a line so obscene and insulting to blacks that it forced him out of the Cabinet last week and jolted the whole Ford campaign. Butz said: "I’ll tell you what the coloreds want. It’s three things: first, a tight pussy; second, loose shoes; and third, a warm place to shit

4 Likes

If there was a zombie apocalypse how would anyone on the south quays even know it’d happened? As grim and sad of a walk as I’ve had in a while

2 Likes

Try the north quays mate, thats real zombie apocalypse stuff.

@Bisto & @tazdedub as the forums only two townies, any comments in the quays?

Dublin City Centre is a no go area. I advise everyone i meet wherever i go to avoid it and fly to Shannon, Belfast or even Cork

1 Like

Merchants Quay?

Even Cork?

From Heuston to Temple Bar.

It’s not great but never really has been. The worry is that they’re off their heads on crack and not heroin a lot more these days it seems.

Tbf Garda presence around Dublin has gone way up in recent months. It is far more noticeable now.

I used to live near there. It’s definitely gotten a lot worse. There’s litter everywhere.

There are a lot of people not in their right mind along there. Off their heads on something. Saw one lad just standing there repeatedly pressing the button to cross the road. Just looked like a zombie

There’s all sorts of synthetic drugs floating around now - Tara, Pearse and Townend St have gotten noticeably worse

Do you tell them your name first or do you just blurt it straight out?

7 Likes

Kip or no kip, Dublin is the best place in the world for pints. Was in Cassidys last Sunday evening I felt like Roy Curtis, I was in such form. Young lads from every bogarse in Ireland trying to get the legover. Magical.

10 Likes

I walked from Wexford street to Abbey Street last night about 11 o clock. It was grand. Very noticeable Garda presence as you say.

Stopped in Chaplins for a couple as I’d time to kill before the bus. Grand young student crowd in there which surprised me.

It was all the finest I must say. Lovely evening.

17 Likes

Huzzah

Has it retained its lustre on a Sunday night since Rake The Ashes moved down the road to The Barge?

Haven’t been in months.

Liverpool is better for animal house pintage.