The Shame I feel about Dublin as my 🐐 capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

https://twitter.com/dubslife1/status/1770509527722398025

Thought Walkinstown was supposed to be gentrifying.

Molotov cocktail sausages

Lucky the Child of Prague was there to protect them

And walk in he did

1 Like

Last time they leave me short a few free jockies with my batter sausage

At least your wan paid attention in Fire Warden training.

Luca the fucker was coming in with water. Would have been game over

Dublin is finished

St. Anne’s Park in Clontarf looks nice.
I’ve never been there…

The Great replacement is happening in Dublin

It’s my local park & it’s a wonderful place indeed. Just back from underage GGA training there actually. If you have any specific queries on the park then I’ll be delighted to assist.

Your heart would go out to anyone in Dublin with a young family.

3 Likes

Have Clontarf GAA their own pitch and dressing rooms?
I only see an all-weather pitch at the back of the clubhouse.

Yeah they’ve a few pitches on their side of the park. At least one is all weather (possibly two), & sometimes used by Dublin, but the dressing room is small/basic. Raheny have pitches on the other side that aren’t in as good a condition. But you can support their Pitch 250 project, if you like:

There’s also a nice astro on the Raheny side that was a joint initiative between the Council, Raheny GAA & Raheny United & that’s where my lad trains. It’s probably against some GAA by-law to share facilities with a foreign sport.

Raheny has a clubhouse with bar, meeting room, dressing rooms etc 300m or 400m outside the park back towards Raheny village & Clontarf have a similar set up a little further away down their direction. The park itself could do with any/better changing facilities within it, as there’s only that small dressing room area on the Clontarf pitch side.

My good pal Aodháin O’Riordáin & his local Labour reps are pushing the council to set aside funds received from the park’s summer concert programme & direct them to improving the park. I wholeheartedly endorse this proposed gain share mechanism provided any developments/improvements to playgrounds/pitches/general facilities don’t disturb the wild geese.

I think you would like the Rose Garden area in the park.

2 Likes

Clontarf have what are glorified portacabins/prefabs as dressing rooms but two noble pitches in St Anne’s. They put big money into them and are fairly precious about them despite them being wide open in a large park area.

There are a lot of gaa pitches in St Anne’s with at least half a dozen gaa clubs having pitches in the park but only Clontarf and Raheny have their main pitches there. The rest use them for training, underage and spillover

Rahenys pitch is fairly woeful given the space they have.

1 Like

Best of luck with that.
Every club needs proper facilities close by.

It must be very stressful

We played clontarf in hurling this morning on the all weather in st David’s in artane. Bit of a hike for them I would have thought - surprised they had dibs on that pitch

It’s a form of child abuse

Thankfully not a dig at @Bandage after the referendum result.

5 Likes