The Shame I feel about Dublin as my šŸ capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

Didnt go into the city centre at the weekend but was in drumcondra/glasnevin. Dublin can be a great city but needs a lot sorted. Id love not to be able to have a pop off the city.

In all i think urban centres have seriously gone down hill since covid mainly highlighted in dublin but limerick and cork have gone down the same road with similar issues

2 Likes

100% the main problem and all down to funding. When the Europa Final on this year you couldnā€™t walk 50 yards without seeing 2 or 3 guards in groups. Zero trouble, every person felt safe. A normal wkd, you wonā€™t see a guard for the night because we are fitting the bill.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good job we have all you guys taking the time to check in on us. Thanks fellas.

6 Likes

Was just an observation on my part mate.
I lived in Dublin for the better part of 30 years, love the place and get back up as often as I can.
What I surmised above however, is not a new phenomenon, the complete lack of a Garda presence has been an issue for well over a decade.

But I see thereā€™s this new political party named Fianna Fail who are going to address the issue if theyā€™re ever lucky enough to get into power!

4 Likes

My brother is back for a holiday from Australia next week, heā€™s mad to stay a night in Dublin, Iā€™m trying to tell him wouldnā€™t he be better off go to Kerry or Galway and not get the shit kicked out of him?

You tell him Karen.

3 Likes

Dingle or Dublin

Dingle be grand until you wake up the next morning with a bastard of a journey home.

5 Likes

Heā€™ll get a few slaps in Kerry if he wants it

head off to Tralee for the weekend

1 Like

Stay in and have a few cans.

1 Like

Heā€™s coming from Australia probably two hour drive to a shop

1 Like

I think youā€™ve watched too much flying doctors mate. 95% of them live by the sea.

5 Likes

Sure where else would they land their seaplanes?

24/7 court. :joy:

They canā€™t get the judges to sit down for a full day as it is.

7 Likes

Fixed

Doling out a fellas 247th conviction at 3am is really gonna soften his cough for him alright

3 Likes

Fellas will be back on the streets to bate another victim the same night

2 Likes

Itā€™s becoming increasingly edgy around town last while. I had some bidniz yesterday afternoon and walked around Dublin 2 and didnā€™t encounter one Garda but did encounter two groups of young lads walking with wine bottles who were shouting at passers by in an attempt to provoke a response or to intimidate. A scrote with a glass wine bottle could do some damage.