The Smithwick Tribunal

Was amazed Adams went there this morning - there was no need to. Bit of a political own goal from a man usually very skilled in interviews.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 869506, member: 2272”]Self Loathing?
I am pumping our economic come back

It ain’t self loathing to say that during wars/conflicts bad things happen and people break rules and people act in own best interests as they perceive them.

Taking high moral ground misses all those nuances and anybody who can’t recognise that has watched too many goodie and baddie movies.[/quote]

So nobody can ever be outraged of what happens in war because in war anything goes?

We can’t be outraged at the rape and multilation of women during the Rwandan war for instance?

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 869496, member: 1796”]Pal- that was to flush out the enemy.

I’m a proud Irish man willing to die for the harp, the spud and our Guinness.
[/quote]

Why would you bother dying for a country, its a fair waste. You can do more good when you’re alive.

Was it Patton who said something along the lines of " why die for your country when you can make the other guy die for his?"

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 869543, member: 24”]So nobody can ever be outraged of what happens in war because in war anything goes?

We can’t be outraged at the rape and multilation of women during the Rwandan war for instance?[/quote]
Straw man

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 869543, member: 24”]So nobody can ever be outraged of what happens in war because in war anything goes?

We can’t be outraged at the rape and multilation of women during the Rwandan war for instance?[/quote]

People can be outraged at that but youd think theyd be outraged by the blowing up of chikdeen and elderly women rather than singibg songs about it

Brian Lenihan dispels that theory

That’s about the 50th time you’ve pulled out that pal.

You’re from within the pale, mate. What the fuck have your lot ever done? We culchies had to come up and start a revolution and all your mob did was spit on us- particulalrly your women folk, who no doubt enjoyed the benefits of taking a nightly rogering from British soldiers…[/quote]

Fingal Brigade = undefeated.

Interesting silence from the Brits in relation to the laissez faire security precautions. If you won’t condemn a slack attitude towards security what will you condemn. Their families should be ashamed of their lack of preparation. This for me is the tribunals most damning finding.

They said your man believed in his Presbyterian predestination bullshit to such an extent that he considered it worthless taking security precautions. How far do the fanatical Presbyterians take it? Why did he even attend meetings if he thought God decided everything.

The handwringing is so obviously politically motivated that it’s a bit disgusting. Adams’ comments immediately leads to a media inquest into the legitimacy of Sinn Fein as a political party, and horrible, vacuous media types pontificating about how shocked they were when they heard the comments themselves.

I’d love for these journalists to someday discuss their shock and horror in the context of the fact that this state was founded by a campaign of violence which was primarily aimed at police officers.

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 870132, member: 260”]The handwringing is so obviously politically motivated that it’s a bit disgusting. Adams’ comments immediately leads to a media inquest into the legitimacy of Sinn Fein as a political party, and horrible, vacuous media types pontificating about how shocked they were when they heard the comments themselves.
[/quote]

Gilmore was particularly nauseating with his “I can’t get the image out of my mind…”

It was gas last night as Primetime’s latest attempt to add to the Adams witch hunt had to be interupted by the news of the death of one of his fellow travellers in South Africa.

Charlie Flanagan, Miriam and the Indo journo in studio didn’t appreciate the comparison that was made by the Northern contributor when he compared the two peacemakers.

[quote=“Special Olympiakos, post: 870270, member: 366”]It was gas last night as Primetime’s latest attempt to add to the Adams witch hunt had to be interupted by the news of the death of one of his fellow travellers in South Africa.

Charlie Flanagan, Miriam and the Indo journo in studio didn’t appreciate the comparison that was made by the Northern contributor when he compared the two peacemakers.[/quote]

Long may the witch hunt continue. Adams was always a loathsome creature but his brother’s trial really showed what an odious prick he is

isnt there a forum on humberside where you & your fellow brits could discuss this, you dont understand Irish life & politics so your views dont wash here

As an aussie youre the closest thing to being a fellow brit by being a commonwealth bitch and still having liz as head of state

Sent down from God to bring peace to this island according to the late Fr Alec Reid. I’d take his opinion before that of Miriam O’Callaghan’s, thank you.

And id take his nieces opinion before either of the above

So you believe her when she said the RUC did nothing when she reported the abuse in 1987, they wanted her to spy on uncle Jarry instead?

Yes, but i dont see what youre getting at. Do you agree with adams actions in respect of his niece?