The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

That was a fair price last night.
I backed him at 11/2 before his semi with Robertson

A proud night for Carlow

Selby should have beaten that cheat Higgins back in 2007.

Good to see he had his redemption last night.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 941104, member: 24”]Selby should have beaten that cheat Higgins back in 2007.

Good to see he had his redemption last night.[/QUOTE]
Care to tell us exactly when and how John Higgins cheated?

There’s no point. You are going to be influenced by the Barry Hearn kangaroo court anyway.

There’s no point, because John Higgins has never cheated.

Higgins was suspended from the game for 6 months and fined £75,000 on foot of an investigation into match fixing and bribing in Kiev in May 2010. Bar Stephen Lee, I’m not aware of any other modern day player to have brought such disgrace on the game and to have had sanctions of this nature imposed.

I asked for evidence as to how John Higgins cheated. None has so far been provided.

Ronnie crashed his sports car on the way home from Sheffield last night. Young Ronnie was in the car as well. Both are ok.

I think he played for the cannon, mate.

The former world number five snooker player Stephen Lee has been charged with fraud.

A Wiltshire Police spokesman confirmed the 39-year-old, who lives in Trowbridge, had been charged with fraud by false representation.

The charge is in relation to the sale of a snooker cue.

Mr Lee, who has been a professional for more than 20 years and has won five ranking titles, is due to appear at Swindon Magistrates’ Court on 28 May.

I hit a break of 31 at the weekend. Was very pleased with myself

#topbanana

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 946579, member: 1137”]I hit a break of 31 at the weekend. Was very pleased with myself

#topbanana
[/QUOTE]
I hope it was red, green and all the colours

No, offhand it was 6 reds, 3 blues, a pink and a green. Rimmed a black to end the break.

You have to commit 100% to a deep screw shot for it to work.

??

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/Article/images/19987665/5422185-large.jpg ??

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 946605, member: 1137”]No, offhand it was 6 reds, 3 blues, a pink and a green. Rimmed a black to end the break.
[/QUOTE]
Unlucky mate - thinking about the next red and taking your eye off the pot no doubt

It was a difficult pot and I probably overhit it somewhat to try and bring the white back up the table. I was still delight with my 11 pots in succession

Ali Carter diagnosed with lung cancer :eek:

:frowning:

Poor fella.

He really has been through it.