The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 948593, member: 24”]:frowning:

Poor fella.

He really has been through it.[/QUOTE]

+1. An absolutely litany of serious health problems. Hopefully he can overcome this latest one.

You’d fear the worst.

Yes, but I hope he’s not snookered.

Right on cue with the pun pal.

Bloody hell. He’s already had Crohn’s disease and testicular cancer. Poor guy.

Dreadful news. Ridiculous how much one man can be put through. Hopefully the Captain can win this battle too.

Coral have stepped in to sponsor the upcoming UK Championships again. This is one for the nostalgists as it will bring memories flooding back of the epic 1983 Coral UK championship final in which Alex Higgins came back from 7-0 down to record a sensational 16-15 victory over Steve Davis.

The action starts in the Barbican Centre in York next Tuesday.

Kilkenny’s Dave Morris beat Mark Selby 6-4 in the UK Championship this afternoon :clap:

Great result for him.
Jimmy White beaten 6-2 by Ding Jinhui. Jimmy won the first frame and should have won the second too, but ultimately lost it on the black in a frame that lasted over an hour.

Nigel Bond comes from 0-5 down to beat Barry Hawkins 6-5 :eek:

Dave Morris has beaten David Gilbert 6-2. He now plays the winner of Mark Williams vs Stephen Maguire.

Ken Doherty is in action tonight against Ricky Walden

Two other players booked their berths in the last 16. Judd Trump beat Fraser Patrick 6-3 and disgraced former world champion John Higgins defeated Matthew Stevens 6-2.

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 1052153, member: 1074”]disgraced former world champion John Higgins
[/QUOTE]
:rolleyes:

Ken trailing Walden 3-1 at the moment. And Walden looks set to take this frame.:frowning:

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1052150, member: 48”]Dave Morris has beaten David Gilbert 6-2. He now plays the winner of Mark Williams vs Stephen Maguire.

Ken Doherty is in action tonight against Ricky Walden[/QUOTE]

FYI information, he calls himself “Davy” on social media. Was type of player is he? I was aware of him without ever seeing him play.

Ken gets in first but misses a simple red, Walden then rattles in a superb 129 clearance to take a 5-1 lead. It’s only a matter of time now.

Walden seals the match with another century break.

I used to always want Ken Doherty to do well when I was younger, mainly because he’s Irish. But it turns out he’s a bit of a gimp really. An inoffensive, good-humored, simpleton type of a chap. A big Man United fan too, of course. He’s like a snooker version of @dodgy-keeper[/USER] or [USER=53]@Juhniallio.

Cheers pal.

Nobody has ever called me good humoured before.

Disgraceful comments about Ranelagh’s finest son. Ken is an Irish sporting colossus and a gentleman to boot.