The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

A brutal game.

Would have worked better if you left out the “in” mate

Yes, I didn’t show enough poise.

Matthew Stevens has been very impressive and taken a commanding 7-2 lead over Mark Williams after the first session.

Ronnie is one frame away from the second round, he leads journeyman Craig Steadman 9-3. Gentleman Joe Perry is off to a flier on the other table and leads Zhang Anda 3-0.

Ronnie wins 10-3

Matthew Stevens demolishes compatriot Mark Williams 10-2. Ronnie next. That could be the pick of the 2nd round.

He was a shoe in in fairness.

Tremendous feat to win so easily

Good God, this Stuart Carrington is slow…

Second round starts tomorrow. The last two first round matches finish tomorrow as well but with Judd Trump & Shaun Murphy both holding 7-2 leads, reasonably safe to assume, both will advance. Completed second round draw likely to be as follows:

Mark Selby v Anthony McGill
Joe Perry v Shaun Murphy
Barry Hawkins v Mark Allen
Ali Carter v Neil Robertson

Ding Junhui v John Higgins
Marco Fu v Judd Trump
Graeme Dott v Stuart Bingham
Matthew Stevens v Ronnie O’Sullivan

If Mathew Stevens doesn’t beat Ronnie I bet Dotty does. Mind you I give Stevens great chance against him.

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 1127729, member: 377”]Second round starts tomorrow. The last two first round matches finish tomorrow as well but with Judd Trump & Shaun Murphy both holding 7-2 leads, reasonably safe to assume, both will advance. Completed second round draw likely to be as follows:

Mark Selby v Anthony McGill
Joe Perry v Shaun Murphy
Barry Hawkins v Mark Allen
Ali Carter v Neil Robertson

Ding Junhui v John Higgins
Marco Fu v Judd Trump
Graeme Dott v Stuart Bingham
Matthew Stevens v Ronnie O’Sullivan[/QUOTE]
How is Murphy playing? He was phenomenal when he won it but hasn’t seemed to scale those heights since.

I’ll be sad to see one of my favourite players exit at the 2nd round, be it Ding or John. Whoever comes through will have my full support.

Higgins 5-3 up on Ding after the first session. They resume tomorrow afternoon

The defending champion in a bit of bother - Mark Selby trailing Anthony McGill 6-10
The 2006 champion and beaten finalist of 2004 & 2010 in a bit of bother - Graeme Dott trailing Stuart Bingham 2-6

Ding leads Higgins 9-7 at the end of the session.

Hopefully Ding finishes off the disgrace Higgins in the morning.

Mark Allen leading Barry Hawkins 5-3.

Still no first time Crucible champion to retain his crown. Mark Selby, the 19th to have tried and failed. He’s been knocked out 13-9 by Anthony McGill.

Ding has beaten Higgins 13-9.

Drama in the final frame when Higgins needed three snookers and Ding went in off and left a free ball. Higgins then potted the free ball, the pink and the final red but missed a long pot on the final pink to let Ding get the balls he needed to finally clinch frame and match.