The Snooker Thread (Part 2)

Like pitch and putt, snooker in Dublin fell victim to the Celtic Tiger as club after club closed down to make way for shoebox apartments.

But the essential greatness of this sport of Kings remains.

Snooker and darts are arguably the two greatest sports of all. Two competitors locked in a battle of skill, but more so wills. There doesn’t have to be “characters”, because everything is about character.

Snooker is about silence which is louder than something very loud like a bass heavy car stereo booming on the street outside your bedroom window at 3am.

3 Likes

A lot of fellas don’t have the attention span for games like snooker anymore.

6 Likes

I’m sorry mate but you clearly haven’t a clue what you’re talking about.

For instance last year’s Wold Championship was the best that I can remember.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/ILoveSnooker_/status/1783485449488535918?s=19

Gilbert 5-3 up on Milkins. Was in a good place for 6-2 but left him back in

Had the real feeling of a frame that may come back to bite him

1 Like

Higgins 8-5 up on jamie Jones. Class act is Higgins.

Jones is nearly 2/1 to beat so tomorrow. That looks very big to me I would have thought it was a toss of a coin match

2 Likes

Higgins falls over the line 10-6. Looked very shaky at the finish.

1 Like

https://x.com/danielhussey2/status/1783156121676513403?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

He’d hardly suggest this for Darts I imagine seeing as he turned into into a piss head pantomime. Not going to fly in Saudi Arabia.

I suppose quiet and snooker works to a degree but I’m not sure how it is going to work with the BBC 2 in the afternoon vibes that people are after.

1 Like

Surely they should date of worlds to January or February? Starting it when long evenings are in and weather is improving is not good for viewing figures.

Second round line up. Started yesterday

Gilbert v Milkins 5-3
Maguire v Murphy
O’Connor v Wilson K
Higgins v Allen
Trump v Ford 6-2
Jones v Si
Lisowski v Bingham
Day v Ronnie

Gilbert
Maguire
Wilson
Allen
Trump
Jones
Lisowski
Ronnie

Ronnie and kyren look like bankers to me and probably Allen too.

I’d go for all them except Si against Jak Jones.

Gilbert going well this morning, about to go 11-4 up.

Bloody hell.

How is Milkins in the top 16?

Because the standard is putrid

Because the good Chinese lads were banned for match fixing and Lisowski and Vafaei are underachieving. Gilbert just one away now 12-4. Saw the last two frames, two centuries. Will wrap it up tonight.

1 Like

6-2 to jones - looks like he stole a few frames

he’s a match fixer