The Sobriety Thread

And a range is a solid fuel cooker, @Fagan_ODowd

There would be bottles marked ‘POISON’ in the dosing compartment. In the same general area as where food would be prepared.

There was no talking to the old lad though. ‘Ah what harm are they doing?’

2 Likes

The folks at home have a “back kitchen” as well and it was always referred to as such. Seems a regular thing in Limerick. The “kitchen” is more of a living room with kitchen/chairs where people concregate and there’s an Aga cooker in there warming the place and everything is cooked with it (they’re a serious job).

@iron_mike I’m here for you. I posted something similar to what you posted but in the beer thread. Would you say you’re drinking more as you get older? I assume yes. Because i sure i am and that was the gist of my post. I’m drinking smaller amounts without getting fucked drunk but drinking way more nights than usual, 3-4 pints a go and no hangover in the morning. It’s a dangerous enough habit, you’d nearly be better off going full blown in one way and doing ten pints and you’d be so sick then you’d skip it for the next week or more.

You’ll be on the Bressie thread in no time.

Here you must be sipping 60 units of alcohol a week there Smark. That’s about 3 times the recommended weekly dose. You’d want to keep an eye on your liver.

Ah i’m not on the gargle every night. Five nights in a row there up until last night but it was only a steady four pints a night and that was not common but still there was nothing that should have washed over me to drink each night bar one night when i went to an event. Usually i’d only drink 2-3 nights a week. It’s hard to give it up isn’t it?

No, it’s not.

2 Likes

No.

I need it to take the edge off. It’s grand for mellow chaps like you two. I’d be wired up enough and not in a good way sometimes and it surely as hell steadies you down again.

1 Like

Sounds like @Smark needs a woman or a hobby

Middle class cunts with your fucking back kitchens and big farms.

4 Likes

Who’s buying all these cans in the first place Mike? Maybe the full ones are the problem, not the empty ones if you know what I mean.

2 Likes

I like that one :clap:

1 Like

We had a parlour as well. And not a milking one either.

For when the parish priest called in or when somebody died?

Is that the same as a sitting room? What did ye call yer bathrooms?

Outhouses I’d say

5 Likes

+1

Bottles of Lepto Vaccine thrown in beside the boxes of galtee cheedar cheese.

1 Like

That was about it. Think we had a mass in there once during a mission.