The Sobriety Thread

Some heroin would take your mind off the drink

6 Likes

@Tassotti, provide this man with a motivational quote and accompanying picture as soon as possible.

1 Like

Plus, alcohol will not help jock-itch with all the yeast and sugar in it. Kick the can Mike.

You’ve a few options Mike, you could go on the worst session of your life hit a wall and suffer all time suicidal thoughts, fear, self loathing etc and knock it on the head for a month or for good.

Or you could continue on and consider yourself lucky you can stop at 3 or 4 cans a night were you’re more less sober anyway as you surely have a good tolerance if you’re drinking every day.

Finally you could just cut back to weekends, tell yourself the cans will be nicer if I wait till the weekend and be a binge alcoholic. That works for most Irish people.

Says the man with a pint of Guinness in his avator :grin:

@iron_mike @Bandage

8 Likes

Cheers lads. Like I said. Didnt take any notice until this weekend. Suppose noone ( mistakenly) thinks theyre doing any harm with 3/4 a night. But it does build up.
Might ring JP and see if he’ll let me play cowboys and Indians with TJ for the Waterford Crystal. Itll be a distraction anyway

What’s a back kitchen? Do you have two kitchens, one in the front and one in the back?

2 Likes

I used to be worse than you. Now I take my cues from Lemmy and Keith Richards. Vodka, amphetamines, chicken and the occasional few spuds. The mother says I look 5 years younger.

1 Like

Nah. I guess some would call it a utility room. A small room with washing machine, tumble dryer and a counter on the top

A larder?

A scullery?

The washroom

not a kitchen

Empty cans room?

3 Likes

A back kitchen is common in the country mate.

It is a smaller area away from the main room with the range.

The range room is called the kitchen as cooking is done there (in the range) although it is more like a living room as people base themselves there primarily. The back kitchen would contain your standard modern kitchen applicances like a fridge, cooker, microwave etc. Our one came equipped with a handy compartment above the fridge where the old lad stored dosing bottles for cattle.

7 Likes

Great post. That my parents house down to tee.

2 Likes

Scullery is spot on pal.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a Limerick term. We have one. It’s the part adjacent to the main kitchen.

That’s a laundry mate.

It’s called a utility room, ye apes

2 Likes