The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

[quote=ā€œKid Chocolate, post: 852999, member: 553ā€]Doubt his jumping is quick enough for a king George, ESP this years renewal. Heā€™s not yet even proven heā€™s grade 1 material
[/quote]
Heā€™s won a G1 by more than 20 lengths ffs

Like Solwhit??

Iā€™ve backed both Harry Topper and Mount Benbulben in singles and an ew double.

My good friend Rye Martini should get a run on Wednesday too.

He won grade 1 at punchestown last year.

Lots of horses do that , it doesnā€™t mean they are top class which is what you need to be to win a king George . Horse has a lot of questions still to answer, couldnā€™t see him even lining up for a king George . Too slow and too flaky a jumper

Shite race

Thatā€™s a tad harsh KC. He would have won the Powers Gold Cup but for making a bad mistake about 2 out. His jumping was foot perfect over the extended three miles at Punchestown.

Will be doing ew singles and ew double on Mount Benbulben and Bayan at the weekend. Fancy both to go very close

KC,
I think you are very wrong on all of the above. Lets see if he maintains the form he showed under his optimum conditions last year i.e. three miles, righthanded with cut in the ground.

I wonā€™t be buying into the Bayan hype until I see you on board. That would be the mark of a truly great horse.

[quote=ā€œfenwaypark, post: 853014, member: 276ā€]KC,
I think you are very wrong on all of the above. Lets see if he maintains the form he showed under his optimum conditions last year i.e. three miles, righthanded with cut in the ground.[/quote]
Yes, heā€™s slow , needs a cut and con power massaging his jumping . They walked that day in punchestown and most of his rivals were OTT, Boston bob fell . Let Elliott scrub him around irish tracks between oct and feb. plenty of soft prize money about without having to show him up across the water, another MDH except a good deal slower

Did he look slow in the Grade 1 Powers over 2m 4f?

He throws his legs around like a dog running across a frozen lake, king George ā€¦stop lads, please stop

We will have to revisit this debate at season end:)

Youā€™ll have your answer to this a lot sooner than that

Boston bob might be interesting although I suspect heā€™ll fall short too in the top 3m events

He is more than interesting, especially with Ruby riding him this year. You could easily see the Gold Cup trip bringing out the best in him. One of the best outsiders at the moment, along with Harry Topper;)

Invictus would be my outsider bet at this stage

[quote=ā€œRocko, post: 853015, member: 1ā€]I wonā€™t be buying into the Bayan hype until I see you on board. That would be the mark of a truly great horse.
[/quote]
I might do an ā€œAnthony Knottā€ on Sunday if he wins Rocko :slight_smile:

Better righthanded?

Hope Bayan does not end up like poor Hunt Ball.