The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

Forum favourite Count Salazar with a gutsy and deserved win at Galway.

@fenwaypark - reasoning for Harry Topper and Mount Benbulben?

I have been following Harry Topper since he finished second to Brindisi Breeze in a Grade 2 novice hurdle.

Was a more than decent novice chaser, which included defeats of Benefficient at Newbury and Rock Creek at Exeter. Kim Bailey made no secret of the regard he holds him in and that he was not going to be over faced last year as he was a horse with a huge future. He was very unlucky in his final two starts, which included an UR in the grade 1 won by Mount Benbulben (I had selected both Harry Topper and Mount Benbulben against the field that day).

He is all stamina and goes particularly well on a galloping track like Wetherby. There are loads of question marks against his rivals and he is the big improver lurking in the staying division.

Mount Benbulben is very simple. On a righthanded track, over 3 miles with some cut in the ground, this horse is a machine. 7-1 greatly underestimates his chance as like the Charlie Hall, there are more than enough questions about his rivals.

First Lieutenant is greatly respected but he usually needs his first run of the year.

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 852890, member: 276”]I have been following Harry Topper since he finished second to Brindisi Breeze in a Grade 2 novice hurdle.

Was a more than decent novice chaser, which included defeats of Benefficient at Newbury and Rock Creek at Exeter. Kim Bailey made no secret of the regard he holds him in and that he was not going to be over faced last year as he was a horse with a huge future. He was very unlucky in his final two starts, which included an UR in the grade 1 won by Mount Benbulben (I had selected both Harry Topper and Mount Benbulben against the field that day).

He is all stamina and goes particularly well on a galloping track like Wetherby. There are loads of question marks against his rivals and he is the big improver lurking in the staying division.

Mount Benbulben is very simple. On a righthanded track, over 3 miles with some cut in the ground, this horse is a machine. 7-1 greatly underestimates his chance as like the Charlie Hall, there are more than enough questions about his rivals.

First Lieutenant is greatly respected but he usually needs his first run of the year.[/quote]

First Lieutenant already had a pipe opener in Punchestown through. Change your mind? Have been waiting for a couple of go to war tips from you though and these look 2 to go with.

Just reading on Kim Bailey’s website that he is an intended runner, as long as there is some rain. I think First Lieutenant wont be seen at anywhere near his best until Lexus at the earliest.

Aidan’s being buying up a lot of land in cashel last 2 years. Serious rumours they are going to re-activate the old in laws gallops again as Joseph is likely to out grow the ferret racing

That’s been mentioned for years now. They’ve a load of land at the in laws I. Kilkenny that was done up recently.

Th

Those are the rumours alright but who knows. It would be the best thing to happen to Irish jumps racing in a long time.

Boyles the crafty fuckers are only paying 2 places on AP bets in MB’s race.

I’d say these hurdlers are all Joseph’s

Rule the world stays hurling. Surely a massive value bet at 20s with BetVictor non runner-free bet for the World Hurdle.

I would be thinking along those lines as well. A lot will depend on where Annie Powers ends up. If she runs in David Nicholson, Quevega may finally run in world hurdle. Alternatively they may keep Annie Powers for Aintree Hurdle, which looks her best trip.

Coolmore bought another Farm in Dundrum recently & serious rumours of Rockwell College being a future purchase.

I’d say he’d be hard pushed to change Quevegas routine.

Any word from David Pipe on plans for The Liquidator yet?

[quote=“Mac, post: 852934, member: 109”]I’d say he’d be hard pushed to change Quevegas routine.

Any word from David Pipe on plans for The Liquidator yet?[/quote]
http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?raceid=789145&meetingid=&date=2013-10-30&ref=form&refsite=

looks more a neptune or albert bartlett horse.

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 852939, member: 276”]http://www.attheraces.com/card.aspx?raceid=789145&meetingid=&date=2013-10-30&ref=form&refsite=

looks more a neptune or albert bartlett horse.[/quote]

Not sure how’d I’d call him yet. The few spins he’s had already around the place should stand to him.

Monkland shaping up very well last year before the injury but surely it’s time for a new kid on the block alright

Very enjoyable day’s racing, made better by all the English stuff getting abandoned and not cluttering up ATR. Had a cut at our old friend Caim Hill only to see him chinned on the line.:frowning:

Agree with FP about Mount Benbulben. Will be backing him for King George before Saturday’s race.

Doubt his jumping is quick enough for a king George, ESP this years renewal. He’s not yet even proven he’s grade 1 material