The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 855095, member: 276”]To qualify my above statement. I think the fact that Our Conor was so exceptional and dominant in the Triumph Hurdle that some commentators have questioned
A) The substance of the winner’s form
B) To conclude that it was a below average renewal.

I would conclude that
A) Our Conor is the most likely winner of the Champion i.e. he is every bit as exceptional as he looked and
B) In light of this, that some of his rivals may in fact be well handicapped.[/quote]

I would concur. I am already working on being in Cheltenham on Tuesday 11th March 2014 to see the champion hurdle. Mind you I doubt the supreme could ever be as good as 2013

[quote=“Mac, post: 854947, member: 109”]Are we all in on Bayan tomorrow?

Has @thedancingbaby got Monday booked off work?[/quote]

[quote=“Mac, post: 854947, member: 109”]Are we all in on Bayan tomorrow?

Has @thedancingbaby got Monday booked off work?
[/quote]
7/1 is very fair Mac. Didn’t tempt fate by asking for tomorrow off . Fingers crossed I’ll be ringing in though !!!

Hon Bayan ta fuck…good night folks.

Good luck DB

Good luck DB.

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 855254, member: 553”]Good luck DB
[/quote]
Thanks KC…just hoping it’s not one race too many

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 855255, member: 276”]Good luck DB.
[/quote]
Thanks FP. Fingers crossed

Went for a piss in the boozer last night, overheard a young lad say to his mate that some horse runnin in Leopardstown called banin or Bayin was ‘a certainty’ but to keep it quiet…thought good jaysus where did he hear that? Went back to the bar to see a bus load of gargle monsters back from Down Patrick singing ‘my lovely horse’…ah yeah I know now…

It was Down Royal !!! Did the chief click with yer wan ?

Best of luck DB.

Any word on how Tarquinius has been going? Fancy him in the Cork National today.

I see last years winner face value is back at the same weights (10 lb claimer ) @ 30/1

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 855272, member: 553”]I see last years winner face value is back at the same weights (10 lb claimer ) @ 30
[/quote]
The fact he’s 9lbs out of the handicap suggests it’s a much tougher race this year KC. Can’t see him being good enough this time round

[quote=“Mac, post: 855271, member: 109”]Best of luck DB.

Any word on how Tarquinius has been going? Fancy him in the Cork National today.[/quote]
I think Mullins has been minding that rockyaboya mark for a while now when the do let off the handbrake he’ll skate it, distance unknown today however

[quote=“Mac, post: 855271, member: 109”]Best of luck DB.

Any word on how Tarquinius has been going? Fancy him in the Cork National today.
[/quote]
Thanks Mac.

GE is going to Leopardstown today so reading between the lines I wouldn’t be lumping on

Fuck off you pedantic cunt! Half asleep, stayed up for the boxing! That Golovkin is unreal!

Good point !

Have thrown a Lucky 15 on for interest with Bayan (6/1), Tarquinius (10/1), Golden Wonder (8/1) and Sli Na Fiarana (8/1)

[quote=“Mac, post: 855306, member: 109”]Sli Na Fiarana (8/1)
[/quote]
Think this fella might offer a bit of value in the 1m2f handicap at Leopardstown. Joanna Morgan’s five year-old ought to be fresher than most here after just four starts this year, and while a beaten favourite at Navan last time she was far from disgraced in finishing second behind the very useful Beach Of Falesa. Having competed from out of the handicap on that occasion, she is effectively 2lb lower now and a reproduction of her third behind the much-improved Stony Grey at the same venue a fortnight earlier would give her real prospects of doubling her career tally. Both the winner then, who contests today’s concluding Movember Handicap, and runner-up Zip Wire have performed very well at a higher level in the interim and the daughter of Dr Fong looks nicely in off bottom weight on her correct mark.

You left out the bit at the start about it being a tricky day for punters