The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

Agree completely. Back over hurdles ASAP.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 854809, member: 1786”]If he couldn’t get the 3 miles today he never will. His big advantage is his jumping but he needs to be going at pace to maximise that.

Mount Benbulben certainly looked to have a very real chance, but that was a very poor mistake. Spectical as to how good the winner is.[/quote]
Agreed, no doubting mt benbulben engine buts he’s very uncoordinated , will take a while to sort out and as his is will struggle to jump at speed

He jumps well in the main. Most of his races are characterised by just one ‘serious’ mistake. His problem is that he lacks balance and cant recover. He will get away with it in deep ground as they will go much slower. Three miles is a massive help but on decent ground, when the pace is upped, he is susceptible to that mistake today.

He has a massive engine and will win a very big pot going righthanded, if everything drops into place. His price will more than compensate for that risk. He is greatly underrated by the books. He has a right chance in King George.

Good stuff with Harry trooper fp

I see bold optimist makes his race course reappearance tomorrow for dessie Hughes …and Felix yonger gets his first big test over fences

Assuming yesterday was just a mishap I think Flaxen Flare is an interesting proposition for the Greatwood Hurdle.

Judging by the way Court Minstrel ran today, they might be targeting the Greatwood. Makes sense that they would not want his rating to go up.

Many clouds over fences first time tomo in Carlisle. Have been looking forward to it. Should have the required cut in the ground too

Ground went against him no?

The only horse that came out of that group (Neptune ) was first lieutenant . Zaidpour, so young etc have proven just as disappointing

Are we all in on Bayan tomorrow?

Has @thedancingbaby got Monday booked off work?

Possibly, but he should have shown much more than that.

hmmmm, Rock on ruby;)

Reve di Sivola won a Grade 1 hurdle in Auteil today at 36-1. Didn’t even know he was running. Auteil would be his ideal track given its always a plodders paradise. Slightly sickening as would have backed him had I known.

Forgot he was in that !

Just had a look there , rolling star is the one I’d be looking at, don’t think he have his running at all in the triumph

Possibly, like the other Buckley horse River Maigue too. Far west interesting aswell. Have a feeling that last year’s juveniles may be slightly underrated.

Where does that leave Our Conor?

To qualify my above statement. I think the fact that Our Conor was so exceptional and dominant in the Triumph Hurdle that some commentators have questioned
A) The substance of the winner’s form
B) To conclude that it was a below average renewal.

I would conclude that
A) Our Conor is the most likely winner of the Champion i.e. he is every bit as exceptional as he looked and
B) In light of this, that some of his rivals may in fact be well handicapped.