The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

@fenwaypark[/USER] and @[USER=109]Mac well done gents. Nice little days work.

Give @dancarter some credit too, his tip would have covered the price of your haircut yesterday.

Yes fair play @dancarter. Not worried about the haircut now alright. Nearly sorry I didn’t leave your woman a tip now.

Fagan, how much are we up now?

I am up 54% in the eight months since I started following this thread, Mac.

The bridge come storming back…Middleton next week, where are they from ?

Given the horse was trained by a gobdaw for the summer I wouldn’t worry. Martin only got him a few weeks ago I believe.

Martin has him a while mac, worry with him is his wind which will always surface more on heavy ground. He had a problem last year and opp in off season but it would appear jury remains out as to its success. Unfortunately peddlars cross springs to mind

I read somewhere he has him less than a month and that Curran was ‘minding’ him for the summer.

I thought Flemenstar performed more than adequately to be honest. Yes he was ‘big’ over a few of his fences but it was his first and least important run of the season. He made decent horses in Realt Mor and Days Hotel look slow.

I would like to see them campaign him over the minimum trip and let him bowl away in front.

I think he has him since August , 6 weeks is normally enough to sharpen them up, his breathing is the worry ESP when he steps up

Having looked at the Greatwood in a tad more detail, I like ifandbutwhynot. I would put him up as a selection but VC do not quote him.

I didn’t see any racing I should add

Ruby won on paparazzi kid but was needed to get him home. Pumbaa had a big group of supporters and won pretty well. There was nothing for the tracker out of the days racing here, spent too much of the afternoon sweating on Na Piarsaigh for my weekend acca.

Disappointed that Marlbrook did not run.

Was there a word for marlbrook?

[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 859105, member: 464”]Ruby won on paparazzi kid but was needed to get him home. Pumbaa had a big group of supporters and won pretty well. There was nothing for the tracker out of the days racing here, spent too much of the afternoon sweating on Na Piarsaigh for my weekend acca.

Disappointed that Marlbrook did not run.[/quote]
Thought Hurricane Sky ran a nice race behind Pumbaa.

yes last night, was 15/8 early and a good word on the ground at Limerick also.

@Kid Chocolate - this is Hendersons take on Blue Fashion from the stable tour on ATR

[LIST]
[]4-y-o; bay gelding
[
]Breeding: Scorpion (IRE) - Moon Glow (FR)
[]Trained by N J Henderson
[
]Form: 51-414
[/LIST]
Twice a winner over extended two miles over hurdles in France.

“Very scopey and went back to run in the big four-year-old hurdle in France after he joined us and ran well. He is a chaser in the making but will make an impression over hurdles. Could be top class.”

As I said, entered in the Greatwood next Sunday. Nicky will have a clatter in it so be interesting to see if this lad gets a run or not. 20/1 best price at the moment. If Cash and Go and River Maigue turn up then this lad will be a massive price.

[quote=“Mac, post: 859206, member: 109”]@Kid Chocolate - this is Hendersons take on Blue Fashion from the stable tour on ATR

[LIST]
[]4-y-o; bay gelding
[
]Breeding: Scorpion (IRE) - Moon Glow (FR)
[]Trained by N J Henderson
[
]Form: 51-414
[/LIST]
Twice a winner over extended two miles over hurdles in France.

“Very scopey and went back to run in the big four-year-old hurdle in France after he joined us and ran well. He is a chaser in the making but will make an impression over hurdles. Could be top class.”

As I said, entered in the Greatwood next Sunday. Nicky will have a clatter in it so be interesting to see if this lad gets a run or not. 20/1 best price at the moment. If Cash and Go and River Maigue turn up then this lad will be a massive price.[/quote]

4 year olds have a pretty shite record. Henderson normally has em spot on but I’d want a top jock on one this inexperienced before I’d back it I’d say.

Henderson has 7 entered.

[quote=“dancarter, post: 859214, member: 122”]4 year olds have a pretty shite record. Henderson normally has em spot on but I’d want a top jock on one this inexperienced before I’d back it I’d say.

Henderson has 7 entered.[/quote]

Brampour won it as a 4 year old in 2011
Cause of Causes was placed in it last year as a 4 year old
Detroit City won it in 2006 as a 4 year old
Flaxen Flare, Blue Fashion, or Ptit Zig won it as a 4 year old in 2013