The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

The runt was so wise

[quote=“Mac, post: 859217, member: 109”]Brampour won it as a 4 year old in 2011
Cause of Causes was placed in it last year as a 4 year old
Detroit City won it in 2006 as a 4 year old
Flaxen Flare, Blue Fashion, or Ptit Zig won it as a 4 year old in 2013[/quote]

Detroit City had won the triumph there already and won a small field greatwood, brampour fair enough. Think there is 3 winners in 25 years.

I’d prefer to back FF or PZ having at least run well at the course previously.

KC remembered

[quote=“Mac, post: 858170, member: 109”]Looking to next weekend - interested in the following

PP Gold Cup
Champion Court
Hidden Cyclone
Colour Squadron

Greatwood
Flaxen Flare
River Maigue
Rattan[/quote]

Hmm, the 3 in the chase all stand their ground so far. Only Flaxen left in the Greatwood.

Strong bias toward previous course winners Mac. Champion court has lot in his favour.

I backed Rhadjiani Express

[quote=“dancarter, post: 859485, member: 122”]Strong bias toward previous course winners Mac. Champion court has lot in his favour.

I backed Rhadjiani Express[/quote]
Think Champion Court is exposed, as admirable a horse as he is.

Keighley has been very enthusiastic about his chances. He loves Cheltenham. Hidden Cyclone is the greatest unknown for me. The race could be set up for him.

He has Ian Popham jocked up. If he had a decent claimer on board his chance would be enhanced.

Dynaste is the undoubted class act. Al ferof won this last year off 159 and this looks a weaker renewal. However, I dont like Dynaste over this trip and he would be off more interest if he waits for the Betfair.

Katenko is still unexposed and stable has hit form at right time.

Cant see HC’s jumping surviving a test like this.

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 859500, member: 276”]He has Ian Popham jocked up. If he had a decent claimer on board his chance would be enhanced.

Dynaste is the undoubted class act. Al ferof won this last year off 159 and this looks a weaker renewal. However, I dont like Dynaste over this trip and he would be off more interest if he waits for the Betfair.

Katenko is still unexposed and stable has hit form at right time.[/quote]

Having read the comments on Pipes website I’d expect Dynaste to head to the Betfair. Salut Flo is another who looks attractive.

Sharks comments made me laugh earlier. Apparently they never go fast enough in Ireland to suit his jumping but there’ll be no danger of lack of pace in England :smiley:

Agree on Salut Flo

Is he massively injury prone or whats the deal with him?

Very injury prone.

Finians more likely for Schloer leaving Dynaste top weight which hasn’t been carried to victory in last ten runnngs. Agree I don’t think he ill run here.

Salut flo does tick lot of previous trends

Interesting quotes from Jeremy Scott here. Is he always this cautious sounding? He mentions that if the horse hadn’t slipped at the bend and clattered the 2nd last he would have been impressive! Talk about high standards.

http://www.jeremyscottracing.com/news.php?post=40

[quote=“Mac, post: 859563, member: 109”]Interesting quotes from Jeremy Scott here. Is he always this cautious sounding? He mentions that if the horse hadn’t slipped at the bend and clattered the 2nd last he would have been impressive! Talk about high standards.

http://www.jeremyscottracing.com/news.php?post=40[/quote]
He is looking at it in the context that zarkandar won the same race last year off 163, giving upwards of 17 pounds to some unexposed sorts. Strictly on rating terms, last year’s race was of a higher standard and the winner put up a much better performance.

Fair points, but its hard to judge MR’s performance purely on ratings given he was returning from an injury and had been off the track for quite a while. I’m surprised if he was close to 80% fit, although maybe that’s my pocket talking.

I thought it was a smashing performance by MR. However, I was sure that Zarkandar was more than capable of winning a Champion Hurdle after Wincanton last year. We will know more about MR credentials in the international hurdle.

In fairness to Zarkandar he wasn’t disgraced in 4th, and is rising 7 so you’d imagine he should be hitting his prime this season. A lot of those Triumph winners promise so much early in their career only to disappoint. He seems different however.