The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

Dynaste put up his two best performances last year at Kempton and Aintree over 3m. He was the standout performer in the novice division last year. Haydock is not that dissimilar to these tracks. I think BW and SC will not be seen at their best on this type of track (I know that SC won last year here). 7s is value for a horse that will go to the top of the staying division in my opinion. Cue Card is the danger if he stays and I think there is a fair chance that he will.

BW is the one to beat for the Gold Cup.

did i read that right?..you backed an 11/10 and 5/2 each-way ??..

11/10, 5/2 and 7/2 in an e/w treble.

would you normally back odds that low each way?..

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 863361, member: 276”]Dynaste put up his two best performances last year at Kempton and Aintree over 3m. He was the standout performer in the novice division last year. Haydock is not that dissimilar to these tracks. I think BW and SC will not be seen at their best on this type of track (I know that SC won last year here). 7s is value for a horse that will go to the top of the staying division in my opinion. Cue Card is the danger if he stays and I think there is a fair chance that he will.

BW is the one to beat for the Gold Cup.[/quote]
I wouldn’t be surprised if Dynaste was a NR. It’s the King George they really want so might not be at full throttle for this. Hope Im wrong as has the makings of the best chase since the days of Kauto/Denman. There’s a wee doubt hanging over each of them too
Bobs - track might not suit
Silvianaco - Form dipped at the end of last season
Tidal Bay - Age?
Long Run - Question marks after last run, beaten in this last year.
Cue Card - Trip? Also has a poor run last time to put behind him.
Dynaste - Big step up
Roi De Mee- Not in this class
The Giant Bolster - exposed, prone to mistakes

Im leaning towards Silvianaco Conti at this point. Looked right at home winning this last year and always seems to be at his best this time of year. Could be the time to catch him. I really want to back Cue Card at the prices though. You could make a strong argument that he is actually the best horse in the race, he’d be getting hailed as a modern great were it not for being around the same time as Sprinter Sacre

Come Chelteham though it’s all about Bobs Worth

ps Barring injury Faugheen is a guaranteed Festival winner, the question is what race? Hills go 8/1 he wins whatever race so I’ve had a wee nibble on that for now

Not normally below 7/2 in singles. Did it in that treble as an insurance policy as one was a big handicap and the other a beginner’s chase. Looking for big returns off small stakes (35/1 or so). If I’d lumped on Gallant Tipp I’d have been better off.

Laz,
There is no such thing as a guaranteed festival novice winner in che. If you want a list of dockets to prove it ,
( my latest being pont Alex ) let me know…

The winner of the mares race today Katie’s ??? will win 2-3 more over a distance before the handicapper catches up, quite impressive . Lost money despite backing trifolium and westerner boy largely due to a large bet on urbano

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 863381, member: 553”]Laz,
There is no such thing as a guaranteed festival novice winner in che. If you want a list of dockets to prove it ,
( my latest being pont Alex ) let me know…[/quote]

Agreed.

disagree

Dunguib really done a number on you Kid

He did, as did cue card, as did and many more

Joe mac, dawn run, numerous EOG hotpots

Dunguib is flying again :clap

Presuming sizing ran up to scratch the last day @ down royal , is RDMs win being an little underestimated , I have to say I was impressed the clip he went and despite being challenged by 2 very decent horses never gave up his lead?

No.

Could you be a little more definitive please?

Are you being sarky or looking for elaboration?

I’ll repeat what I said to Bandage yesterday

GTFO out of this thread.

Kavaco 8.20 Dundalk 11/4