The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

This thread was on page3 :frowning:

I see Willie Mullins is now attracting French owners and starts Rubi Ball tomorrow in Thurles

[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 866530, member: 464”]

I see Willie Mullins is now attracting French owners and starts Rubi Ball tomorrow in Thurles[/quote]

That’s quite a feather in his cap.
Think the horse might be over the top at this point though. Seems like a lot of the French raced horses burn out sooner.

[quote=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 866554, member: 1503”]That’s quite a feather in his cap.
Think the horse might be over the top at this point though. Seems like a lot of the French raced horses burn out sooner.[/quote]

Someone raised this point a few weeks ago on another site I was reading. Its a well thrown out line about the French horses but when you look at the stats its actually utter bollox. Kauto Star being the best example.

I said French raced, not French bred.
Irish and British horses start later and generally have lighter campaigns. Rubi Ball, an 8yo, already has as many starts as Kauto Star did in his whole career.

[quote=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 866570, member: 1503”]I said French raced, not French bred.
Irish and British horses start later and generally have lighter campaigns. Rubi Ball, an 8yo, already has as many starts as Kauto Star did in his whole career.[/quote]

Most French bred horses are also French raced - where do you draw the line? Horses that race their entire life in France?

Its fairly obvious that horses that race more will burn out sooner, regardless of if their American, Australian, French or Irish.

I think it’s pretty obvious what is meant by French raced in this case, a horse like Rubi Ball that has 6 seasons of French racing under his belt and a horse like Kauto Star imported as 4yo with just 2 seasons of French racing.

Look at many of the top French chasers of the last decade or so, Princess d,Anjou, Rose Rememebed, Lord Carmont etc, they generally peaked around their 8yo season and started to tail off in form thereafter. There are exceptions to every rule of course, like Mid Dancer, but then he is fairly lightly raced by French standards, often only making 3-5 starts a year, not unlike an Irish/British trained horse.

French breds come to hand faster and go off the boil faster, Kauto Star was an exception I would have thought. A good stat would be to see how many of them have won the championship/blue ribband grade 1s north of 8 YO

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 865676, member: 48”]+1

The Limerick cunt’s actions in getting Carlingford Lough into the Plate was nothing short of disgraceful.[/quote]

Now I have a good story on that from alongside my morning breakfast table in a Galway hotel that Wednesday

REGALE

Looking ahead to Fairyhouse this weekend a couple of things stand out

Diakali looks a cracking e/w bet if he lines up. Not sure if all will stand their ground. Anyone know any more about who’ll go and not go? RTW started to drift today.

For some reason I’ve an inkling that Don Cossack may bypass this. Sizing Rio at 11/4 is a steal if it happens. Not sure if its worth the risk though as he should be available at 11/4ish if Don lines up.

Interested in Gilt Shadow for the Royal Bond but nothing priced up yet.

Will be keeping an eye on The Winkler in the maiden hurdle in Thurles tomorrow too. Just held off one of Paul Nolans useful horses in Galway on the bank holiday Monday that I’d backed. Was very impressed with him that day. Looks a hot enough maiden though.

[quote=“Mac, post: 866748, member: 109”]Looking ahead to Fairyhouse this weekend a couple of things stand out

Diakali looks a cracking e/w bet if he lines up. Not sure if all will stand their ground. Anyone know any more about who’ll go and not go? RTW started to drift today.

For some reason I’ve an inkling that Don Cossack may bypass this. Sizing Rio at 11/4 is a steal if it happens. Not sure if its worth the risk though as he should be available at 11/4ish if Don lines up.

Interested in Gilt Shadow for the Royal Bond but nothing priced up yet.

Will be keeping an eye on The Winkler in the maiden hurdle in Thurles tomorrow too. Just held off one of Paul Nolans useful horses in Galway on the bank holiday Monday that I’d backed. Was very impressed with him that day. Looks a hot enough maiden though.[/quote]
I put up art of logistics for drinmore. Think he will be much shorter on day as like you there must be a doubt about DC turning up with forecast going.

Art of logistics is a smashing chaser who looks sure to relish the step up in trip. He was a better hurdler than sizing rio, and see no reason why the former is shorter in the betting.

Anyone with any opinion on this stuff coming out that the big race last Saturday might have been run over closer to 2m7f rather than 3m1f?

What stuff ? You on twitter again or something

First I’ve heard of it

[quote=“thedancingbaby, post: 866962, member: 48”]What stuff ? You on twitter again or something

First I’ve heard of it[/quote]

One bit here - http://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/timeform-debate/handicappers-corner/handicappers-corner-cue-cards-a-champions-performance-261113-58.html

Another here - http://gallopslive.com/#!/blog/finding-for-pressure-with-dan-kelly-15/

Nothing story I think mac and people trying to make a story out of it.

The overraced odds on Rubi Ball was upstaged by Foildubh today.

puffin billy very disappointing today, a lot to prove now. i deserted ifandbutwhynot a tad too early. great weekend of racing ahead.

Sticking with our father but prince de beachene ominous declaration for Hennessy . Think he would have won last years national which if so gives him a right shout in this

Agree on PDB.

Don Cossack declared.

Cracking Drinmore in store