The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

Thatā€™s the only way to back that horse is with faller insurance and even at that heā€™s way too slow to win a king George on decent ground. On bottomless he could figure if he goes the early pace ( which I doubt ) and if his jumping holds up and if that jockey can suddenly emerge from amateur ranksā€¦I mean come on get real folks

Two standout bets for me on the 26th
12.50 Kempton - Nicky Hendersonā€™s Vaniteux showed a very smart turn of foot on his debut at Sandown. Travelled like a class horse that day and jumped impeccably (bar a mistake at second last). 7-2 is more than fair. Dubai Prince and Sgt Reckless may want better ground.

3.10 Kempton - Mount Benbulben has a lot to find on official ratings but outside of Dynaste, he is the one horse that has everything in his favour. The key to this horse is a test of stamina on deep ground going righthanded. Dynaste is feared most as he has his optimum conditions aswell. At 16-1 Mount Benbulben must be the bet, with a saver on Dynaste at 10-3. The forecast could be worth a play here aswell.

Be lucky.

Agree fully on King George FP. Itā€™s a 2 horse race for me also.

Dynaste most likely winner but youā€™d have to say MB is the value in the race

Going to put up one more selection tomorrow:
1.45 Wetherby - The top weight Wayward Prince looks very overpriced at 14s. He goes particularly well at this venue with a course and distance record of 1-4-2-2. Those last two runs where in the Grade 2 Charlie Hall chase and he finished fourth in this race when in the care of Ian Williams in 2011. His form was beginning to tail off then, having been a promising novice. The switch to owner/trainer Hillary Parrot has revitalised him and a line can easily be drawn through his last run at Aintree, where he slithered badly upon jumping the first, prior to being pulled up. The ground should be perfect and he can hopefully outrun his odds.

Final selection for tomorrow:
3.45 Kempton - Kim Baileyā€™s Twelve Roses looks overpriced at 4s. On his penultimate start, he was only beaten a length by More Of That (gave 7 pounds). That rival is now rated 160 and is a genuine contender for the World Hurdle at the Festival. On his final start at Newbury Twelve Roses was stepped up to 3m 1f. He travelled like the best horse and looked all over the winner with three furlongs to go. At that point his stamina limitations became exposed and he trailed home 12 lengths behind the eventual winner, Mickie. Now back to his ideal trip of 2m 5f, he can get back to winning ways and continue his progression. AP McCoy, is a very notable booking.

Why have you gone cold on Al Ferof Fenners?

Not gone cold SR. He is a cracking bet at 14s. However at 7-2 he looks too short. He has to prove that he is as good as he looked when winning the Paddy Power in 2012. His last run told us nothing and I could not back him at the current price to find the answer. There is a possibility that he could ā€˜bounceā€™ aswell. He may also be better going the other way round. The fact that Nichols runs Silviniaco Conte adds another doubt as far as iā€™m concerned.

In short, I would back him all day long at 8s plus. I would not back him at odds below that.

Anyone taken a look at the card in Limerick tomorrow?

I cant see anything iā€™d like to back tomorrowā€¦

[quote=ā€œJBL, post: 878010, member: 1632ā€]Anyone taken a look at the card in Limerick tomorrow
[/quote]
Ibsen in the first.

You could do a treble of Moonshine Lad / Smashing / Felix Yonger. They should all win

[quote=ā€œthedancingbaby, post: 878017, member: 48ā€]Ibsen in the first.

You could do a treble of Moonshine Lad / Smashing / Felix Yonger. They should all win[/quote]
Cheers, going heading along for a look.

Rye Martini
Chancol
Guitar Pete
Big Generator
Mount Benbulben

My normal racing companion isnā€™t up to heading to Limerick today so weā€™re going to do what weā€™ve threatened to do for years and thatā€™s stay at home and watch it all from the couch, instead running between TV screens in Limerick and missing most of the races.

Hopefully Iā€™ll get a day somewhere later in the week. Tomorrow could be dodgy for both venues though given them high winds forecast from tonight until tomorrow afternoon.

Any fancies runt ?

Sire De Grugy takes on Sprinter Sacre at Kempton tomorrow.

Wayward Prince a NR at Wetherby.

The Voice has just given a couple of outsiders there, OK Oscar in the 1:50 and King Vuvuzela in the 2:20.

Cause of Causes tomo :pint:

Mount Benbulben NR

The money has poured in for Christy Roches Royal flight in the 3 o clock at Down Royal 16s into 4s