The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

Great to see First Lieutenant show some spark. Cant see any of those behind reversing in the Gold Cup. An extra couple of furlongs and he would have been out of sight.

Race was slow by 35 seconds. The fact there were so many horses in with a chance turning for home betrays the slow pace, you could have thrown a blanket over the whole field. A proper pace and they would have been all strung outā€¦ and Bobā€™s Worth would have probably won by double digit lengths.
Deceptive race.

[quote=ā€œHis Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 879026, member: 1503ā€]Race was slow by 35 seconds. The fact there were so many horses in with a chance turning for home betrays the slow pace. A proper pace and they would have been all strung outā€¦ and Bobā€™s Worth would have probably won by double digit lengths.
Deceptive race.[/quote]
:eek:
35 seconds off the pace?

They looked to be really tipping along after midway stage.

Ignore the times. Defy Logic broke the track record during the week supposedly. Iā€™d have serious doubts over the race distances.

The times or distances may be inaccurate, but the pace was definitely slow. They were all flying it coming up to the home turn.

Not disagreeing with the pace. Bumper crowd there today. The recession is definitely over.

Hasnā€™t been too much to get excited about re emerging novices etc. been disappointing so far. Che could be bleak enought this year from Irish perspective I think

I thought Lyreen Legend ran a cracker for his first run of the season and going back to yesterday Benefficient and Hidden Cyclone showed form that would be encouraging for the rest of the season.

Mala Beach also very disappointing.

Yeah backed lyreen legend but he wonā€™t turn it about re principles at che, Boston Bob is the one Iā€™d like to see he was galloping all over those other RSA animals last year when falling but hell need his toe in
Re novices nothing Iā€™ve seen really exciting ala pont Alexander etc last year. Champagne fever could be excused and weā€™ve still too see briar hill. Maybe our Conor will light it up tomorrow

Iā€™ve backed Our Conor and added him to am ew double with Bright New Dawn. I love Morning Assembly but canā€™t touch him at current price. Its more a race for me to watch. Would have been nice to have Ballycasey involved too.

Forgot ballycasey, heā€™s talented

Another notable thing was how Vicā€™s Canvas battled on to ensure he got 8th place in the Pertemps qualifierā€¦

Could not disagree more.

RSA - Morning Assembly and Ballycasey are heads and shoulders above any of their British counterparts.

Jewson - Don Cossack and Felix Younger will be to the front of the market and I have not seen any rival from the UK to better these two.

Arkle - Champagne Fever is still the one they all have to beat. As good as dodging bullets has looked, he has a lot to find with CF.

Albert Bartlet - Kings Palace will be a tough nut to crack but Faugheen will put it up to him if his jumping improves.

Neptune and Supreme - These are still wide open with The Liquidator, Ballyalton, Captain Cutter, The Tullow Tank amongst others having good chances at this point in time.

Triumph - Our lot look poor and Calipto looks the one to beat at this point.

Sarabad got a nice quiet ride into seventh.

[quote=ā€œKid Chocolate, post: 879042, member: 553ā€]Yeah backed lyreen legend but he wonā€™t turn it about re principles at che, Boston Bob is the one Iā€™d like to see he was galloping all over those other RSA animals last year when falling but hell need his toe in
Re novices nothing Iā€™ve seen really exciting ala pont Alexander etc last year. Champagne fever could be excused and weā€™ve still too see briar hill. Maybe our Conor will light it up tomorrow[/quote]
KC,
BB will not be jumping fences this season. If he is to be seen it will be over hurdles.

Yeah you said, I know the original handlers and theyā€™re looking forward to a GC run so somethingā€™s gone astray re comms or else willue os actiing the maggot. You never know with willie. Re above disagree re don Cossack , hype horse to date for me. I was more referring to nice young hurdlers and younger horses rather than second season animals .

BB was injured in fall at punchestown last spring. Dont know extent but connections stated that it effects his ability to jump fences.

How can a grade 1 winner on his third start over fences be overhyped. His defeat to morning assembly may look a cracking run after tomorrow!

I dont understand your last statement in bold.

[SIZE=6]Bob back over hurdles[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Boston Bob is likely to be aimed at the Ladbrokes World Hurdle at Cheltenham in March after suffering a setback earlier in the year. [/SIZE]
[URL=ā€˜http://www.skybet.com/go/event/14981802?aff=681&dcmp=sl_hr_betlinkā€™] http://www.sportinglife.com/img/sui.gif
World Hurdle. Click here to bet.

[/URL]

Boston Bob (right): World Hurdle aim

A Grade One-winning novice chaser last term, he was in the lead when falling at the last in the RSA Chase and subsequently also fell at the Punchestown Festival.

With that at the back of his mind and after meeting with a setback, Mullins and owner Graham Wylie are keen to go down the hurdling route for the time being.

ā€œHeā€™s had a setback and Iā€™m hoping heā€™ll be ready by Christmas,ā€ said Mullins.

"He might go for a long distance hurdle and we could aim him at the World Hurdle in March. Graham Wylie and I are both quite keen on the idea.

ā€œHeā€™s had muscle problems and itā€™s easier for him than jumping fences. He did a full piece on the gallops this morning and is coming along well.ā€

Another smart staying hurdler in the yard is the mare Glens Melody, who could have her next run at Cheltenham in the Relkeel Hurdle on December 14.

ā€œShe has gone a bit under the radar compared with Annie Power but is a very good mare in her own right,ā€ said Mullins.

"She could go for the Relkeel Hurdle at Cheltenham and maybe the woodiesdiy.com Christmas Hurdle at Leopardstown.

ā€œShe won well over two and three quarter miles at Punchestown last time, and on pedigree she should stay well.ā€

First season novices, not second or third season animals in their first over fences. I doubt the tullow tank will win in che , powerful animal , but I donā€™t think heā€™s the type to win their on probable good going. Simple enough re don Cossack , he was well below standard last season as a novice hurdler and Iā€™ve not seen anything to really change my mind on him that doesnā€™t involve mud and winter conditions

Iā€™ll try this one last time:
Good bumper horse does not equal good hurdler does not equal good chaser.

They are three different spheres. Don Cossack was always going to make a top chaser, he is built for the game.