The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

Fair enough thatā€™s black and white except for the "might " :slight_smile: typical willie, will depend on how heā€™s started off I guess. Heā€™s talented enough to be successful over the hurdles so if heā€™s started out that way itā€™s likely heā€™ll stay over timber first race he key I suppose. Wonder whatā€™s heā€™s being schooled over now

If The Tullow Tank goes for Neptune, I would not oppose him. He has an unbelievable will to win to go with class. You would have to think he would be more impressive over 2m 5f.

[quote=ā€œfenwaypark, post: 879092, member: 276ā€]Iā€™ll try this one last time:
Good bumper horse does not equal good hurdler does not equal good chaser.

They are three different spheres. Don Cossack was always going to make a top chaser, he is built for the game.[/quote]
Are you serious ? If he doesnā€™t act on good gnd it doesnā€™t matter what heā€™s built like. I am talking about che in march not leop at Xmas ? Good horses have good engines , itā€™s very likely a top class 3m chaser will have been a very useful if not top class bumper animal

I give up.

Your a fan I am not. Wonā€™t have long to wait to find out. you were equally as bullish re mount benbulben. Morning assembly is a 4m to me, doubt heā€™ll be a top class 3m chaser. The tullow tanks knee action also suggests good gnd will not leave him at his optimum but there are exceptions to every rule of. Course

KC,
Cheltenham is not the be all and end all. Iā€™m stating that Don Cossack is not ā€˜overhypedā€™, and whether he wins or not at cheltenham has no bearing on that opinion. In addition, what he achieved or not as a hurdler does not influence my opinion on him as a novice chaser. I can only judge him on his three runs to date in that sphere. That record stands as a win, a second in a grade 2 and a win in a grade 1.

Do you really think that Morning Assembly lacks gears?

Sums up my last few days, another sickener after COC yesterday. Hawkes Point put in a super round of jumping and looks to be a really progressive chaser.

Had a few bob on Bobsworth to soften the blow :smiley:

[quote=ā€œfenwaypark, post: 879108, member: 276ā€]KC,
Cheltenham is not the be all and end all. Iā€™m stating that Don Cossack is not ā€˜overhypedā€™, and whether he wins or not at cheltenham has no bearing on that opinion. In addition, what he achieved or not as a hurdler does not influence my opinion on him as a novice chaser. I can only judge him on his three runs to date in that sphere. That record stands as a win, a second in a grade 2 and a win in a grade 1.

Do you really think that Morning Assembly lacks gears?[/quote]
Ok but the exchange started with reference to che and you mentioned him as a contender there. Thatā€™s what I was basing my opinion on, going there in march and winning. I donā€™t thinks morning assembly will be top class, more back in focus that SDC in my view

I think the exchange starting with you stating he was ā€˜overhypedā€™:wink:

I think Morning Assembly is potentially top class and will hopefully show that tomorrow.

Also DC showed he handled good gound well enough his last two runs:)

Picks for Championship Races at this point in time:
Champion Hurdle - Our Conor
Champion Chase - Captain Conan
World Hurdle - More Of That
Gold Cup - Cue Card

Not his optimum conditions fp, I think you know that

Champion - The new one
AB - the pipe machine
Mind not yet made up on anything else but cannot see cue card winning a GC or even a king George , no reason bobsworth shouldnā€™t retain in my view.

Iā€™d be very disappointed if Boston bob is not aimed at the GC
I am surprised you didnā€™t put up SDG for queen mum?

To be honest, I thought he was crying out for 3m and deep ground but he really surprised me on his last run. Elliot more or less hinted that he thought that was his best trip. Iā€™m inclined to agree. I think the Jewson would be right up his street.

[quote=ā€œKid Chocolate, post: 879125, member: 553ā€]Champion - The new one
AB - the pipe machine
Mind not yet made up on anything else but cannot see cue card winning a GC or even a king George , no reason bobsworth shouldnā€™t retain in my view.[/quote]
KC,
Only want picks for Championship Races. We will leave the novice races for another day.

I wonā€™t be opposing Bobsworth or The Fly in the big two.

RSA ballycasey

I thought youā€™d be rooting for the under dog

[quote=ā€œKid Chocolate, post: 879126, member: 553ā€]Iā€™d be very disappointed if Boston bob is not aimed at the GC
I am surprised you didnā€™t put up SDG for queen mum?[/quote]
Obviously iā€™m thinking that Sprinter will be a NR. Think they ran Captain Conan in the wrong race last year. He is an out and out 2miler as far as iā€™m concerned. They ran him in Jewson to avoid clashing with Simonsig. SDG is far better horse going righthanded. This year has shown that.